Note: This article is based on an excerpt from Ditch. Dare. Do! 3D Personal Branding for Executive Success!
On a scale of 1 to 10, what's your current level of fulfillment with your career?
Are you satisfied with what you're doing? Do you have a plan for where you want to take your career? Are you building your own brand as you market your company's brand? What's the last major action you took to move your career forward?
Does answering those questions a challenge you or make you uncomfortable? When was the last time you took some time to sit back and ponder such questions?
Many career-minded marketing professionals we coach tell us they are too busy working in their career to work on it. They have more emails to answer, meetings to attend, and reports to write than they have time. And they feel their career is on autopilot.
If so, it's time to switch from autopilot to manual mode and deliberately manage your career. We're not suggesting you add to your already overflowing "do list." We're recommending that you rethink what you do and how you do it so you can build your brand—working on your career and in it and the same time.
In our new book, we posit that these three words need to become a part of your vocabulary—and your behavior—if you seek career success and personal fulfillment:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Marketers Can Be Strategic Influencers, and Why Their Input Is Key for Companies [Infographic]
- 2019 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Advertising, and PR Positions
- How a Clean Office Can Boost Your Productivity [Infographic]
- Seven Key Traits of Desirable Marketing Talent
- Are You a Marketing Standout or Strikeout? Nine Tips to Help You Stand Out