With a Facebook follower base of more than 34 million fans, and growing some 2.6% each month, Coca-Cola is ranked as the top brand on Facebook among the nation's top 100 advertisers, according to the Covario Facebook Presence Index, which evaluates the competitive performance of Facebook pages.
The leading beverage brand also has strong fan engagement, typically seven posts a month that each garners more than 235 comments and nearly 1,750 "likes."
Coca-Cola with an overall Facebook Health Score of 100 (on a scale of 1-100) ranks slightly ahead of second-place Hyundai (98), with MTV (Viacom) (88), Disney (76) and Bayer (73) rounding out the top 5.
Below, additional findings from Covario's Social Media Study of Top 100 Advertisers.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Achieve Cultural Velocity (And Why You Need to): Jonah Berger and Stefan Burford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Secrets to Finding the Perfect Name for Your Brand: Jeremy Miller of 'Sticky Branding' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 10 Most Valuable Global Brands
- Nine Criteria for an Ironclad Brand Strategy: Lindsay Pedersen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Brand Marketing vs. Performance Marketing: Finding the Right Balance