Cyber Monday (Nov. 26) will celebrate its seventh anniversary in 2012, and consumer motivation for shopping on the day synonymous with the best online deals continues to grow in popularity, according to a survey from PriceGrabber.com.
Asked to select which days they plan to shop over the Thanksgiving weekend (choosing as many of the four days), 41% of surveyed consumers cited Cyber Monday, up from 37% in 2011 and 33% in 2010.
Moreover, asked whether they planned to shop more on Cyber Monday vs. Black Friday (Nov. 23) this year, 58% of those Cyber-Monday shoppers said they planned to shop more on Cyber Monday.
Below, additional findings from PriceGrabber's Winter Holiday Shopping Survey.
Discounts and Free Shipping
Most Cyber-Monday shoppers expect to find deals, citing the following as the top reasons they shop on Cyber Monday:
- Take advantage of one-day deals, discounts, and free-shipping offers: 84%
- Buy on Cyber Monday after looking for sales during Black Friday weekend: 31%
- Get holiday shopping done early: 29%
- Spend Black Friday weekend speaking with friends and family about their gift lists: 12%
- Cyber Monday is a tradition with family and friends: 7%
Shopping Early for the Best Deals