The report was based on data from an annual poll of consumers in the United States. The 4,300 survey participants were asked to rate their satisfaction with their most recent fashion retailer experience as well as their likelihood to refer that retailer to others. The results were then averaged to into a Composite Loyalty Score.
Kohl's received the second highest composite score, followed by TJ Maxx, Macy's, Dillard's, and JC Penney.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Brand Marketing vs. Performance Marketing: Finding the Right Balance
- The Personality Traits of the Most Reputable Brands
- Marketing With 'A-Peel': Savannah Bananas Owner Jesse Cole on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Branding and Design Are Inseparable: The Why, The How, and Two Examples
- Do Employees Get the Brand Story Right?