The report was based on retailer data collected by NRF as well as data from a survey conducted in October 2016 of consumers in the United States.
Total retail sales for November and December are expected to increase 3.6% year over year in 2016.
That forecast is above the average of 3.4% over the seven years since the US economic recovery began in 2009.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Meet the Parennials (Millennial Parents)
- Super Bowl Viewers: Demographic, Device, and Ad Trends [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends