The report was based on retailer data collected by NRF as well as data from a survey conducted in October 2016 of consumers in the United States.
Total retail sales for November and December are expected to increase 3.6% year over year in 2016.
That forecast is above the average of 3.4% over the seven years since the US economic recovery began in 2009.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Factors That Slow B2B Purchases
- How to Use Psychology to Improve Your Digital Marketing Campaigns [Infographic]
- Holiday Planning: How and When to Market for Thanksgiving [Infographic]
- Holiday Shopping Trends for 2018: Consumers' Spend and Gift Plans
- Consumers' Gift Card Preferences in the Digital Age