The FIFA World Cup 2014 kicks off today in São Paulo, Brazil. From June 12 to July 13, the participating 32 nations will play in a total of 64 matches (48 group stage games and 15 knock-out stage games).
This year's World Cup is predicted to be the biggest sporting event ever, surpassing the 3.2 billion viewers of World Cup 2010.
Recently, Crowdtap conducted a survey of World Cup viewers about their upcoming social media use.
Some 74.2% of survey respondents expect to be on social media while watching the game. Of those viewers, 43.4% said they expected they'll post on Facebook about the World Cup.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns