Become a Member
Guides and Reports
Show All »
Metrics & ROI
Search Engine Marketing
More Marketing Topics »
See All »
Schedule of Events
Virtual Conference Series
Products and Services
Post a Question
Quick Start Guide
Find and Post Jobs
Real-World Education for Modern Marketers
Join Over 602,000 Marketing Professionals
Ask your question ... sign up today! It's FREE!
Just for Fun
MProfs PRO Seminar Q&A
Search more Know-How Exchange Q&A from Marketing Experts
This question has been answered, and points have been awarded.
How Do You Write A Radio Commercial?
Posted by Anonymous on
11/16/2005 at 1:28 PM ET
I am looking for some simple guidelines for the students in my community college Advertising Principles class to follow when preparing a 30 second or 60 second radio commercial.
I have plenty of stuff that I have written over the years, but I am trying to get another take on how to simplify teaching the subject.
Do you know of any resources for this task?
Mesa Community College (Phoenix).
11/18/2005 at 6:17 AM
Paul has given you some good list of points.
1) Include your Brand name early in the radio spot and repeat it again at the end.
2) Specify time limited offers, pertinent to your target audience, to increase urgency and increase call to action.
3) In my experience, radio spots are almost double as effective if you keep your 'call to action' to a single channel. Most people will not remember a number and a website.
4) Advertise your spots when you know your target audience will be listening and adjust frequency levels to ensure they hear the complete radio spot at different times.
5) Aligning 'creative' execution with the rest of your advertising campaign will give you greater clarity of your message to your target audience and can achieve better results overall.
6) Keep your idea simple and deliver it so your target audience will find it impossible to ignore - I know, easier said then done!
7) Ensure objectives for your radio campaign are agreed in advance and control measures monitored and accurately recorded.
Hope this helps.
11/21/2005 at 11:37 AM
Thanks to all of you radio copywriting experts. These are the type of points that I was looking for. Hope I can return the service sometime.
11/22/2010 at 1:05 AM
Excellent advice i will use in my Schooling,
any advice for 0.15 pop-in CA's?
BACK TO TOP
Post a Comment
2015 Will Be the Year of Video Marketing
by Tyler Lessard
29 Must-Read Content Marketing Articles of 2014
by Larry Kim
The Evolving Sales Funnel
by Alessandra Ceresa
The 10 Most 'Loved' Brands on Social Media [Infographic]
by Ayaz Nanji
The Best Content Types for Each Stage of the B2B Sales Cycle ...
by Ayaz Nanji
See more marketing articles »
MarketingProfs uses single
sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google and others to make subscribing and signing in easier for you. That's it, and nothing more! Rest assured that
provide your social data to 3rd parties
contact friends on your network
post messages on your behalf
interact with your social accounts
Your data is secure with