Become a Member
Guides and Reports
Show All »
Metrics & ROI
Search Engine Marketing
More Marketing Topics »
Professional Development Solutions
Schedule of Events
Virtual Conference Series
Products and Services
Post a Question
Quick Start Guide
Find and Post Jobs
Real-World Education for Modern Marketers
Join Over 624,000 Marketing Professionals
Ask your question ... sign up today! It's FREE!
Just for Fun
MProfs PRO Seminar Q&A
Search more Know-How Exchange Q&A from Marketing Experts
This question has been answered, and points have been awarded.
Making The Most Out Of Blogging
Posted by Anonymous on
11/8/2007 at 4:27 PM ET
I'm fairly new to Blogger.com. How do I get the most out of the Blogs I'm posting? I'd like to be getting as many page views as possible. Are there any tips on how to get more people to view my blog and for it to show up in more searches? Thanks!
Peter (henna gaijin)
11/9/2007 at 1:27 AM
Write on a specific subject, and stick to this. If you bounce around to many subjects, you won't get a reader base beyond friends and family.
Make the subject useful to the people you target to read it.
Once you do this, then start getting the word out about your Blog to appropriate sources. For example, I sometimes post links to Blog posts I have done on my Blog to here, if they are relevant to questions asked. Or read other Blogs on the same subject and add useful/interesting comments to theirs (with your Blog address listed in the header of the comment space).
11/9/2007 at 12:39 PM
There are alot of web articles on this.
Two tips are:
1.) Link to other blogs and websites.
2.) Use keywords often for better search engine results.
Check out tips in these articles:
11/9/2007 at 7:37 PM
- Engage in discussions on other blogs, and where possible, link back to your blog in your comments (draw audiences to your site if they like/agree with your comments)
- keep writing your blog but find a niche in which you excel so you can become an authority on a topic.
- visit other web sites and forums that are similar in topic and audience to your target audience, and again, link like mad (as much as socially allowable) back to your blog.
- link love baby, link love. Give link love, get link love, so encourage others to link to you and vice versa.
- get listed in blog rolls, technorati, et al to be found by folks who are searching.
- use social bookmarking tools on your blog like Digg, Delicious, etc, etc, etc. (blog readers like to bookmark good information/comments/discussions, and it builds link love and page rank.
And, finally, give it time. Invest at least 10 to 20 hours a week seeking, commenting on other blogs and forums to built some repitoire and exposue of your blog links.
11/10/2007 at 9:01 PM
Find a target that you know about and blog about it. You want to be known as an expert in that area. Participate in other blogs that are related to your topic of interest. One thing that many miss when blogging on other sites is to include links to your blog and always have a signature line. Lastly, blog to provide valuable information to others.
BACK TO TOP
Post a Comment
Five SEO Steps to Take Before Redesigning Your Site
by Aleh Barysevich
The Most Effective Email Subject Line Length
by Ayaz Nanji
Are You Doing Email Wrong? Just Four Steps to Increase Sales
by Joy Gendusa
Five Tips for Creating Videos That Build Brand and Drive Sales
by Seth Price
Email Marketing Tactics: What Worked (and What Didn't) in 2013
by Ayaz Nanji
See more marketing articles »
MarketingProfs uses single
sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google and others to make subscribing and signing in easier for you. That's it, and nothing more! Rest assured that
provide your social data to 3rd parties
contact friends on your network
post messages on your behalf
interact with your social accounts
Your data is secure with