Last chance to save on PRO! Only $195 with code PROBRAIN »
Become a Member
Guides and Reports
Show All »
Metrics & ROI
Search Engine Marketing
More Marketing Topics »
MarketingProfs Enterprise Solutions
See All »
Schedule of Events
Virtual Conference Series
Products and Services
Post a Question
Quick Start Guide
Find and Post Jobs
Real-World Education for Modern Marketers
Join Over 600,000 Marketing Professionals
Ask your question ... sign up today! It's FREE!
Just for Fun
Search more Know-How Exchange Q&A from Marketing Experts
This question has been answered, and points have been awarded.
Marcom - Roles & Responsibilities
Posted by Anonymous on
8/24/2005 at 5:09 AM ET
What does a marcom resource do...apart from marketing & sales collateral and the company website, what else are the responsibilites that accompany this postition..
8/24/2005 at 12:13 PM
A "marcom" company usually provides complete marketing communications service to its clients.
Marketing communications are frequently defined as all those communications we need to move the product from our production facilities to the end consumer.
8/30/2005 at 7:45 AM
Typical roles and responsibilities of a marcom person
1. Negotiating rates with media agencies and managing the operations of media.
2. Negotiating terms and conditions with creative agency
3. negotiating costs and managing sourcing of promotional items
4. Managing and negotiating with agencies who provide, dsign marketing collaterals
5. sometimes even marketing training
6. sometimes newsletters to internal clients
7. Evaluation of marketing programmes
8. Managing market research requirements
9. sometimes knowledge management - especially in conjunction with mananging corporate website.
10. orgnaising consumer and internal events
11. managing the PR agency, if required.
BACK TO TOP
Post a Comment
How to Measure and Improve B2B Customer Loyalty
by Bob Murphy
Eight Ridiculously Silly Ways to Sabotage Your Email Marketing ...
by Meera Kothand
A Beginner's Guide to Creating Video Content
by Caleb Cousens
Five Outbound-Email FAQs That Stump Even Experienced Marketers
by William Wickey
Hot Trends in Marketing Automation You Need to Know
by Kevin Akeroyd
See more marketing articles »
MarketingProfs uses single
sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google and others to make subscribing and signing in easier for you. That's it, and nothing more! Rest assured that
provide your social data to 3rd parties
contact friends on your network
post messages on your behalf
interact with your social accounts
Your data is secure with