Become a Member
Guides and Reports
Show All »
Metrics & ROI
Search Engine Marketing
More Marketing Topics »
See All »
Schedule of Events
Virtual Conference Series
Products and Services
Post a Question
Quick Start Guide
Find and Post Jobs
Real-World Education for Modern Marketers
Join Over 604,000 Marketing Professionals
Ask your question ... sign up today! It's FREE!
Just for Fun
MProfs PRO Seminar Q&A
Search more Know-How Exchange Q&A from Marketing Experts
This question has been answered, and points have been awarded.
Marcom - Roles & Responsibilities
Posted by Anonymous on
8/24/2005 at 5:09 AM ET
What does a marcom resource do...apart from marketing & sales collateral and the company website, what else are the responsibilites that accompany this postition..
8/24/2005 at 12:13 PM
A "marcom" company usually provides complete marketing communications service to its clients.
Marketing communications are frequently defined as all those communications we need to move the product from our production facilities to the end consumer.
8/30/2005 at 7:45 AM
Typical roles and responsibilities of a marcom person
1. Negotiating rates with media agencies and managing the operations of media.
2. Negotiating terms and conditions with creative agency
3. negotiating costs and managing sourcing of promotional items
4. Managing and negotiating with agencies who provide, dsign marketing collaterals
5. sometimes even marketing training
6. sometimes newsletters to internal clients
7. Evaluation of marketing programmes
8. Managing market research requirements
9. sometimes knowledge management - especially in conjunction with mananging corporate website.
10. orgnaising consumer and internal events
11. managing the PR agency, if required.
BACK TO TOP
Post a Comment
Top Five Questions Marketers Should Always Be Asking Themselves
by Preeti Upadhyaya
Five Tips for Effective 'Emotional Branding'
by Jeannette de Beauvoir
Why Your Data Scientists Need to Be Storytellers, and How to Get ...
by Laura Patterson
10 Tactics to Increase Newsletter Subscriptions
by Aleksander Czyz
A Handy Guide to Using Quizzes in Your Content Marketing
by Josh Haynam
See more marketing articles »
MarketingProfs uses single
sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google and others to make subscribing and signing in easier for you. That's it, and nothing more! Rest assured that
provide your social data to 3rd parties
contact friends on your network
post messages on your behalf
interact with your social accounts
Your data is secure with