Career Center visits in past 24 hours: 831
Director of Marketing
Posted on 5/7/2012
||INetU Managed Hosting
||Full Time Employee
||Salary plus bonus
INetU Inc. (www.inetu.net), a leader for over 15 years in managed hosting and cloud computing for businesses seeks a full-time Director of Marketing to lead and execute the company’s messaging, branding, demand generation and public relations efforts. INetU has a worldwide presence; anchored with ecstatic clients, great employees and an outstanding reputation, but we are missing one important asset, and that could be you. We’ve done pretty well over the years, and we want to do great things in the future. It’s time for us to look for new ideas, do more for our clients, make new products and offer new services. Right now some very smart and way cool people at INetU are inventing, concocting and preparing for what you might call ‘Act 2’. It’s not a new INetU… it is the next INetU, and it is very exciting. We want to tell the world about it.
Could this be for you?
If you’re a storyteller, a creator, the type of individual who can assemble all of the little shiny objects around you, and from them make an arrangement that creates clarity and fosters genuine curiosity, then you should be on our team. If you’re relentless in your pursuit of hard goals and objectives that produce meaningful results, and really believe that you get there by embracing the true definition of synergy, combined with a pinch of strong emergence theory, then we actually *need* you on our team. If you’re not afraid of space travel and the inherent risk of reentry burn-up… well, that might impress us too.
This opportunity comes with great challenges and huge rewards! The successful candidate (could that that be you?) will use his or her experience to take calculated risks that are anchored by data and driven forward by instinct and determination to reach our company’s goals. This will not be an easy job – but it will be rewarding. You are coming into a well-established and financially strong company that is crossing the next great chasm of growth. Here you will prove that you are the person we need to help reach our aggressive goals. You’ll do this by improving the effectiveness of our systems, such as our Prospect Acquisition and Qualifying Contraption (okay, the lead funnel), and by successfully championing our marketing effort, driving the team to greater success in branding, image, PR, client satisfaction and profitable sales growth. Sure, that’s just marketing, but it needs to be Act 2 marketing… get it?
As Director of Marketing for INetU you will report to the VP of Sales and Marketing and you will be responsible for at least the following activities and initiatives either as the direct owner, through directing the efforts of the team, or by managing the relationship of our partner vendors. Some of the exacting goals you'll need to over-perform on are:
• Leadership. You will oversee the hiring, growth, and continual development of the INetU Marketing organization. You will be responsible and accountable for determining the optimum structure of the group, putting the structure in place and developing a high performance and scalable team.
o Create compensation, training, and incentive programs that inspire and drive the Marketing staff to deliver exceptional industry leading results.
o Work with other INetU departments to create synergies that allow for growth of the entire organization.
o Take P&L ownership of the department budget.
o Be a mentor to others and be a respected leader.
o Believe in and promote our company values of always being helpful, responsible and entrepreneurial.
• Marketing Events and Programs – You will work with your team to plan and execute ongoing promotional events ranging from tradeshow participation, thought-leadership and technical networking events, to social gatherings and regional market presentations. You’ll provide the oversight and direction for our partner program and work closely with the marketing manager to prioritize short-term projects and envision long-term opportunities.
o Improve the INetU presence and visibility at all events.
o Create press events and releases on a continuing and predictable schedule.
o Create local and regional lead and sales opportunity events.
o Improve our global advertising reach.
o Feed selling opportunities to sales through new channels
• Web Site and Branding – Our web site is our foyer and often our prospect’s first impression. You’ll own this asset and we need a strong and creative individual to ensure that it is open, inviting, fresh and curious. Our brand speaks to our value proposition and our go-to-market strategies, they are all yours to make better.
o Work with inside and outsourced resources, continually updating our web presence with the essential brand and educational elements needed to create demand for our products and services.
o Ensure that all SEO / SEM and analytic elements are in place and providing accurate results.
o Work in concert with our trusted vendors that supply us with expertise and guidance.
o Develop and test new methods of capturing attention while working to always improve conversion and quality.
o Enhance our global reach.
• Collateral development – It will be your job to provide proper guidance for copywriting and layout to writers and graphic designers (internal or external) for production of all online and offline product collateral and technical documentation.
o Continually freshen all collateral
o Produce new collateral by working closely with sales, the partner program coordinator and product development.
o Develop additional resources that can provide content, white papers and other educational materials.
• Offline and Online Metrics and KPIs – An essential part of your job will be to work to identify, track, report on, and continually improve the effectiveness of all marketing programs through dedicated and precise data analysis.
o If you don’t like to get into the numbers, please don’t apply. That’s how important this is.
• Public Relations – (If we just didn’t scare you away with the numbers thing) - you’ll be in charge of all ongoing activity with outside PR agencies and you will coordinate PR activities both internally and externally with your team. You will work with the VP of Sales and Marketing to enhance the effectiveness of our analyst-based research programs.
o Create, publish and track company press releases
o Take ownership of the company’s customer satisfaction measurement programs
o Create new ways for INetU to reach our stakeholders and those who are interested in learning more about us.
o Expand our BLOG presence and content, and embrace social media outlets such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
• Competitive Intelligence – Hello Mr. Phelps, your mission (if you decide to accept it) is to maintain close tabs on INetU’s key competitors, understanding what they’re doing from a product, pricing, positioning, and overall marketing perspective. We have some great competitors in our industry that we have a tremendous amount of respect for, and we need to fully understand their strategy so we can… [Redacted]. (This is top-secret stuff, ya know!)
o We will disavow any knowledge of you and the mission. This page will self destruct in 5…4…3…
• Product Launches – You will work closely with the VP of Sales and Marketing and our internal product groups in finalizing and implementing a more formal product launch process to ensure standardized collateral, branding, and activities around the introduction of new products.
o Give birth to the product or service – name it, brand it, feed it, tell others about it in ways that set it apart from the competition.
o Lead the effort in price and competitive comparisons
o Validate new product needs based on industry trends
o Create internal and external collateral; sell sheets, comp analysis, pitch decks, etc.
• Your Ideas – You will work closely with you, to brainstorm initiatives that you can take to your team and develop, test, and implement. We want you to use your experience to show us what works and implement you’re ideas to improve our visibility and essential elements of marketing.
o [Your #1 idea goes here]
o [Your #2 idea goes here]
o [Your #1,677 idea goes here]
If you got this far and you can confidently execute on all of the stuff you just read, then the rest of these qualifications should be a snap:
• Minimum of eight (8) years of hands-on marketing leadership experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, preferably in the Internet Managed Hosting, Cloud Computing, IT services, software, or network/security industries.
• Provable track record of managing teams, and developing talent.
• Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and have a comfort level discussing the features and benefits of complex technology solutions.
• Strong experience in marketing strategies, campaign development and production of online and offline marketing programs, market research and PR, as well as measuring the effectiveness of those programs.
• Experience in managing multiple agencies/consultants in an outsourced environment.
• Ability to manage to and work within an aggressive budget in creative ways.
• Ability to interpret, appreciate and abide by our company’s values and culture.
• Experience in the global marketplace is a plus.
• Really wanting this opportunity.
• University degree in Business or Marketing and/or combination of other demonstrable qualifications and experiences that provide an equivalent or better verification of your ability to perform at a high level of competency.
• We think you’ll be so stoked about this gig that you will want to pay us, but we will be delighted to work something out that has a combination of an attractive base salary, nice benefits, and a generous performance bonus plan.
• INetU is an equal opportunity employer.
• Visit www.inetu.net and take a look around before you apply.
• Please contact Barbara Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org