Career Center visits in past 24 hours: 1663
Posted on 1/18/2013
||VA-Alexandria United States
||Full Time Employee
Phase2 Technology is seeking a Director of Marketing who will be responsible for providing executive leadership and management to Phase2’s marketing organization and in-bound and out-bound marketing activities which include: Corporate marketing, product marketing. The Director will drive Phase2’s efforts to position us as a visionary leader and potential in the emerging market and achieve our revenue goals.
Phase2 Technology is seeking a Marketing Director who will be responsible for providing executive leadership and management to Phase2’s marketing organization and in-bound and out-bound marketing activities which include: Corporate marketing, product marketing. The Director will drive Phase2’s efforts to position us as a visionary leader and potential in the emerging market and achieve our revenue goals.
The Marketing Director will play a critical role in taking us to the next level in our strategy. Experience as a hands-on strategist who loves to build a following with our target audiences, is hyper-focused on the customer; has a demonstrated ability to build online audiences; understands creative product development; understands current web technology, but still likes to meet interesting people and go to great events in person. The Marketing Director will be a key player in our corporate marketing strategy and will be able to independently develop and execute marketing initiatives that are designed to strengthen relationships, knowledge and reputation
The Marketing Director will be the organizational leader for achieving revenue and profit targets and providing strategy and commercial guidance as well as driving discussions on new product ideas evolving from customer, industry, and market knowledge.
• Identify, organize and execute our presence at events that allow for knowledge sharing and that highlight the expertise of Phase2 specialists through speaking engagements, working groups, training, and networking opportunities·
• Define the appropriate marketing organization for the company’s maturity/size.
• Strategic planning including corporate positioning market and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
• Oversee marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, white papers, trade shows, conferences, job fairs, seminars and events collateral materials, analyst and market research management, and website design and content either directly or on an outsourced basis.
• Define and direct marketing programs for demand creation, lead generation and interface with VP’s of Sales for lead tracking and management.
• Work with the Phase2 sales team to develop engaging, influential proposals, presentations, and marketing materials
• Work closely with EVP of Sales to develop and manage channel and partner strategies and programs.
• Work with the Phase2 product team on product research, marketing campaigns, competitive landscape, events and strategy
• Monitor new initiatives, trends across the industries we serve, as well as Phase2 products
• Develop and manage the Phase2’s entire marketing budget.
• Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities.
• Manage marketing metrics and ROI analysis; work with cross-functional teams to manage and present monthly, quarterly and annual metrics on marketing revenue performance management
• Manage web content; including editing our blog, social media, Twitter, and communities we participate in
• Work with design team in marketing communications group to report monthly on website performance and conversions
• Manage, track, report and present programs budgets by channel - campaign costs, performance, and ROI through the demand generation lifecycle
• Be a role model for the company culture.
• Act as spokesperson for the company at industry events.
What you should bring:
• You know what "Web 2.0" is and how to make it work (even if the phrase is over-hyped and overused)
• You understand that getting to the best solution isn't always fast or easy
• You believe in the power of collaborative teamwork and information sharing
• You think that taking incremental steps is the productive path to the ultimate solution
• You like working with smart and creative people
• You like working with exciting clients that do really cool stuff, like helping the environment or saving the world!
• You want to be part of a close knit company that is growing in the right ways
• BA/BS required in marketing, communications or business, M.B.A. desired.
• Minimum of 7 years of marketing experience in comparable industries to Phase2 Technology
• 4 or more years industry experience with software/web technologies and/or professional services
• Knowledge of the social media environment and trends
• Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
• Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage often outsourced marketing activities (PR, corporate identity system, website, etc.)
• Substantial experience working with business and industry press.
• Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing, and business (competitive) strategy.
• Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
• Extremely effective public speaking skills and presence.
• Strong organizational and planning skills; the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and ongoing efforts
• Loves working with a fast-growing company with a culture emphasizing creativity and initiative
• Has an eye for good design, online style and "what is cool and what is not"
• Has experience working in open source software communities
• Managed and contributed to a website or blog for an organization (or for yourself!)
• HAs worked with or for organizations in some or all of the following industries:
• Publishing, Media and Journalism
• Federal Government, especially with Open Government initiatives
• Public Policy, Advocacy, International Development
Phase2 Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Phase2 Technology participates in E-Verify