Career Center visits in past 24 hours: 720
Business Development Associate
Posted on 2/25/2013
||Jones Lang LaSalle
||Full Time Employee
About Jones Lang LaSalle
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE:JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2011 global revenue of $3.6 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. The firm is an industry leader in property and corporate facility management services, with a portfolio of approximately 2.1 billion square feet worldwide. LaSalle Investment Management, the company’s investment management business, is one of the world’s largest and most diverse in real estate with $47.7 billion of assets under management.
For further information, please visit our website, www.joneslanglasalle.com
Scope of responsibilities
We are currently seeking an Associate to work alongside a dedicated team of CRE sales brokers to assist with new business development, current account activities and manage the team’s internal processes. The responsibilities include learning the specific geographic markets, key Tenants and Landlords, preparing new business materials, handling a large amount of details relating to complex real estate transactions, and managing internal processes. The Business Development Associate is responsible for prioritizing and executing projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
New Business Initiatives
• Day-to-day responsibilities largely focus on sales support activities and general marketing & design tasks - this includes collaborating with the brokers on the development and execution of all marketing materials for new business pitches, presentations and client-deliverables.
• Prepare and distribute marketing materials/packages including maps, aerials, team marketing pieces, flyers, submarket updates, market analyses, etc. in conjunction with marketing department.
• Provide marketing on new business proposals and property profiles for landlords and presentations and placemats for tenant representation assignments.
• Develop follow-up materials for clients (e.g., lease comparisons, market overviews, market presentations, coordinate information with other groups i.e. Brokerage Assistants, Research and Marketing).
• New business initiatives such as researching companies; read financial statements, profile management teams, identify locations, identify sources of funding (VC, PE etc.), and profile strategic partners.
• Be instrumental in assisting the team with the development and implantation of its strategic business/marketing plan.
• Create and edit the team’s property flyers, property analysis, LOI’s, proposals, etc.
• Track and update activity reports for Landlords
• Respond to internal and external client requests for data and information
• Assist Marketing with responding to RFP’s and developing case studies
• Update and manage the team’s stacking charts, aerial mapping, lease comparable, tenants in the market and agency listings
• Work with Research group to maintain market data and competitive property analysis
• Create and update property profiles and competitive property surveys for new listings
Manage internal processes
• Manage the team’s library of core content for proposals, presentations, case studies, and exclusives listings.
• Maintain internal databases (regularly update CRM, Costar, internal information trackers) and update prospects (data entry, activities, account coverage, pull reports, etc.)
• Assist with prospecting activities; disseminating lease comps, keeping track of calls and meetings.
• Ensure that monthly/quarterly processes are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Provide new business tracking initiatives, market knowledge reporting, identify and leverage best practices from the JLL platform and develop ways to streamline local processes
• Participate in Brokerage Team Meetings and weekly sales meetings
• Minimum 3 years real estate/accounting/finance experience.
• Minimum 3 year’s experience supporting senior level professionals.
• A must - advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• A must - advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe).
• Resourceful self-starter with ability to take the initiative.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time and workload.
• Solid written and oral communication skills and ability to work independently.
• High attention to detail and excellent follow through
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Jones Lang LaSalle strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Start a lasting career with Jones Lang LaSalle today!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job: 24304.