Small Business Series: Do-It-Yourself Market Research
- Michael Goodman
- Fri., Jun. 22, 2007, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
The amount you spend on market research isn't the most important consideration. The key is asking the right high-gain questions and knowing what to do with the answers.
This seminar will cover not only the various options for market research, but also six do-it-yourself approaches that can yield better results than studies costing thousands of dollars. And the turn-around time is often a fraction of what a major project would involve.
Learn how you can become the market research maven in your company. And learn how to decide when you should do it yourself and when you need outside help.
This is the 2nd installment in our Small Business Seminar Series. These sessions will be held monthly on Friday afternoons. We’ll deal with everything, including: advertising, taglines, promotion, budgeting, publicity and low-cost (even no-cost) market research. We’ll use case studies from small B2B and B2C companies, and we’ll borrow some ideas from large companies that have paid the big bucks for some of the most valuable lessons in marketing.
Special Bonus: Seminar participants will also have access to a new MarketingProfs How-To Guide on Market Research. We'll post that for downloading soon.
Be sure to check out the other events in this series:
Michael Goodman is a senior marketing and management consultant with experience that spans the spectrum from micro-businesses and start-ups to the Fortune 25. He learned marketing at corporate giants Procter & Gamble, Frito-Lay and Playtex. He has consulted with clients in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer; local, regional, national and international markets; and industries ranging from industrial chemicals and consumer packaged goods to financial services and healthcare.
Who Should Attend?
This seminar will address both B2B and B2C markets. It's intended for:
- Marketers and general managers in small- and medium-sized companies
- Entrepreneurs who are planning to start a new business
- Service professionals and consultants in small practices
- Consultants and marketing service providers who serve the small business community
What Will You Learn?
- How market research can be a "secret weapon" for your small business
- The most important "knowledge nugget" an entrepreneur needs to have
- 6 proven low-cost/no-cost market research techniques you can implement yourself
- Getting the maximum mileage from your market research
- How to decide if and when you need professional help (and how to get it without blowing your budget)
This series is a must for marketers and entrepreneurs in small and medium-sized companies where everyone has to pitch in and make sure the work gets done and products and services are delivered as promised. Taken together the sessions promise to deliver a virtual "SBMBA"—a Small Business MBA.
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO Membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.