Segmenting the Hispanic Market: What the Numbers Really Mean
- Blaire Borthayre
- Thu., July 12, 2007, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
Unless you've been living under a rock, you already know that the Hispanic population has become a powerful economic force in the United States. These forty-three million consumers now command enough buying power to make companies sit up and pay attention. But in this booming market, it's easy to be misled by the varied demographic information (and the lack of a conceptual framework) available to marketers.
We will bring statistics to life in this online seminar, showing you how to pull together data that's relevant to your marketing goals. To be successful, you will need to form a clear picture of your target consumer along with an understanding of the factors that impact buying behavior. Hispanics are not a homogeneous group in the U.S., but you can learn to speak to the commonalities that tie them together.
You don't want to waste valuable time and dollars chasing the right consumer with the wrong strategy. This seminar should help you make smart market-entry decisions -- or determine if you are already on the right path. With a better understanding of this consumer's emotional sweet spots, you can better craft relevant messages for your slice of the Hispanic market.
Blaire Borthayre is a Mexican American consultant and trainer in the field of Hispanic marketing, principal of Hispanic Marketing Resources. She is the author of five Hispanic marketing books and spends her free time as a volunteer advocate in the immigrant population.
Blaire's client roster include Nationwide Insurance, Ace Cash Express, Duke University, Liberty Tax Service, Burt's Bees and Circuit City. She has appeared in the New York Times and most recently on National Public Radio, ABC and NBC Nightly News.
Who Should Attend?
Marketing professionals, multi-cultural committees, diversity planners and executives tasked with segmentation strategy for Hispanics in the U.S. Examples in this seminar will focus on B2C industries.
Note to Premium Plus members: You might want to replay Blaire's broadcast from November, Hispanic Marketing Essentials.
What Will You Learn?
- Top ten traditional and emerging cities for your campaign: Choosing population density versus an open playing field.
- The best ways to segment the consumer: Sorting through the mix of language, country of origin, age, income, acculturation and more.
- Advertising venues that work best: Deconstructing TV, radio, and direct mail aimed at Hispanics.
- Is there a "one size fits all" Spanish? Survey results on effectiveness of bilingual ads and differences in dialects.
- Recipe for success from national campaigns: What companies are doing the best job marketing to Hispanics.
- Taming the metrics monster: Being flexible with non-traditional measurements and data for this market.
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO Membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.