Small Business Series: How to Set Prices the Smart Way
- Michael Goodman
- Valerie Witt
- Fri, Aug. 17, 2007, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
Pricing strategy is the sleeping giant of marketing strategy. The marketing mix element with perhaps the greatest potential to affect the bottom line and properly position a brand or a company with its target audience—yet the one most often relegated to a simple financial or sales decision, without regard for its impact on the brand or company image.
This seminar will address the role of pricing as a marketing tool, and explain the potential risks an entrepreneur faces when the pricing strategy isn't consistent with the positioning or the other marketing mix elements.
It will also include case studies, a do-it-yourself example adapted from the real world and specific how to actions that deal with list prices, promotional pricing, and rules of thumb for various pricing strategies.
Be sure to check out the other events in this series:
Michael Goodman is a senior marketing and management consultant with experience that spans the spectrum from micro-businesses and start-ups to the Fortune 25. He learned marketing at corporate giants Procter & Gamble, Frito-Lay and Playtex. He has consulted with clients in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer; local, regional, national and international markets; and industries ranging from industrial chemicals and consumer packaged goods to financial services and healthcare.
Who Should Attend?
This seminar will address both B2B and B2C markets. It's intended for:
- Marketers and general managers in small-and medium-sized companies
- Entrepreneurs who are planning to start a new business
- Service professionals and consultants in small practices
- Consultants and marketing service providers who serve the small business community
What Will You Learn?
- Why pricing is primarily a marketing function – and why it’s so often not treated that way;
- The difference between pricing in commodity markets versus proprietary markets;
- Why sales, finance, and marketing are constantly at odds with one another when it comes to pricing;
- Why consumers don’t know what they're willing to pay for a brand; and
- How to create a simple and effective tool to estimate price elasticity in YOUR business.
This series is a must for marketers and entrepreneurs in small and medium-sized companies where everyone has to pitch in and make sure the work gets done and products and services are delivered as promised. Taken together the sessions promise to deliver a virtual "SBMBA"—a Small Business MBA.
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO Membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.