Social Metrics for Marketers: How to Measure What Matters
- Jim Sterne
- Valerie Witt
- Thu., May 20, 2010, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
We all know that social media is an important part of any marketing program, but we're still in the early stages of measuring its impact on the business. The time and money spent monitoring, engaging in and responding to social media are significant. Just how much should we spend on what and how should we measure our social media marketing activities?
In this seminar, Jim Sterne, founder of the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit and current Chairman of the Web Analytics Association, tackles this subject head on and reveals the highlights of his April 2010 book Social Media Metrics: How to Measure and Optimize Your Marketing Investment. You'll learn how to measure the success of your social media marketing efforts, use metrics to determine the smartest way to invest your limited budget for the best ROI, and convince naysayers about the valuable business impact social media marketing can have on your organization.
Measurement is an essential part of any marketing program. Don't miss this seminar that provides the latest best practices and tools to set social media marketing metrics and measure your social media marketing programs.
Jim Sterne focuses on measuring the value of the Web as a medium for creating and strengthening customer relationships. Sterne has written more than six Internet marketing books, is the current Chairman of the Web Analytics Association and produces the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit. His latest book, Social Media Metrics: How to Measure and Optimize Your Marketing Investment (Wiley & Sons) was published April 2010.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone trying to understand social media in the context of advertising and promotion
- Anyone trying to quantify social media in order to determine its business value
- Anyone trying to juggle marketing budget allocation who needs to know how to evaluate the results
What Will You Learn?
- How to understand the intersection of social media and marketing
- The main types of social media metrics
- Today's social media tools (which should matter to you, and which you can ignore)
- How to discern whether your own social media efforts are paying off
- How to integrate social media measurement into the rest of your metrics
Social Media Summer Series
This is the second seminar in the 2nd Annual Social Media Summer Series—eight seminars focused on adding Social Media to your marketing mix. Pro members have access to the entire series!
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO Membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.