MarketingVOX: Randy Kilgore was named the chief revenue officer for Tremor Network, which also annouced the closing of an inital funding round worth $8 million.
Kilgore, most recently SVP of sales for Dow Jones Online, will be in charge of developing publisher relationships for Tremor's in-stream and in-banner ad placements, according to AdWeek. The funding, which was led by Masthead Venture Partners and Canaan Partners, has been earmarked for expanding the company's publisher network and bolstering its sales force.
The web video ad market is forecast to grow from $650 million next year to $1.7 billion in 2009, according to eMarketer. Tremor is hoping to tap into that growth by selling pre-roll video ads on more than 300 second-tier publishers, including sites like RedOrbit.com and Hollywood.com.
- Jupiter: Behavioral Targeting to Transform Online Advertising
- AOL Acquires Lightningcast, Merges It with Advertising.com
- Tacoda, Tremor Offer Behaviorally Targeted Video Ads
- Tremor to Launch Online Video Network
- Asphalt Buy Helps Tremor Ready Video Ad Network