After watching a marathon of Food Network programs, I realized that much of the advice from top chefs regarding fab cooking is the same type of advice for content creators.
Inspired by the chefs who want to serve fresh, attractive food, I drew an infodoodle for marketers wanting to serve refreshing, flavorful content to their customers.
Here are seven tips for content marketing, based on advice from top chefs.
1. Use fresh ingredients. Fresh content retains its natural flavor. Avoid stale or processed content.
2. Know your customers. Present content that pleases your customers' palates.
3. Keep the menu simple. Don't overcomplicate content or overdo the dish with too many flavors.
4. Be seasonal. Use content that you align to the seasons.
5. Know where to shop. If you curate content, curate the good stuff.
6. Experiment in the kitchen. Try new forms of content. See what pleases your customers... and have fun!
7. Experience matters. Be patient. Take time to learn from your mistakes. Breathe.
You can download a PDF of the infodoodle here.