Marketing Smarts Special: Experts Share Their Holiday Wishes for Marketers [Podcast]
- Hosted By:
- Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea Gorgone
- Wednesday, December 16, 2015
To end 2015 right, we've produced an extra-long episode of Marketing Smarts featuring 12 of the smartest marketers in the business, all answering the same questions: What's on your holiday wish list for marketers? What should marketers stop doing, and what do you want to see more of in the coming year?
Our guests share their insight, complete with how-to advice and examples, so you can jump into the new year with a whole new approach to marketing.
I've brought back my favorite guest host, Mack Collier, a social strategist, speaker, author of the book Think Like a Rock Star, and the host of the Fan-Damn-Tastic Marketing Show. (Check out his guest turns on Marketing Smarts : episode 94 about his book, Think Like a Rock Star, and episode 187 about marketing conferences.)
This final episode of 2015 features all-new Marketing Smarts content from authors, thought leaders, strategists, and big-brand marketers. Listen to the show and find out what these industry luminaries recommend for 2016.
For each guest's full Marketing Smarts interview, click the episode number:
- Tim Hayden, Vice President of Marketing at Zignal Labs, co-author of The Mobile Commerce Revolution (with Tom Webster). Marketing Smarts episode 140
- Dr. Carl Marci, chief neuroscientist at Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience. Marketing Smarts episode coming in January 2016
- Mark W. Schaefer, globally-recognized blogger, speaker, educator, and consultant, and author several bestselling books, including The Tao of Twitter and The Content Code. Marketing Smarts episodes 176, 150 and 89
- Jay Baer, marketing strategist, founder of Convince & Convert, speaker, and author of Youtility, as well as forthcoming book Hug Your Haters. Marketing Smarts episodes 90 and 128
- Jon Miller, CEO and co-founder of Engagio, previously co-founder of marketing automation company Marketo. Marketing Smarts episode 209
- Matt Grant, director of content strategy, Aberdeen Group, and former managing editor at MarketingProfs (where he launched this very podcast)! Marketing Smarts episode 133
- Tom Webster, vice-president of strategy and marketing at Edison Research, co-author of The Mobile Commerce Revolution, and co-host of The Marketing Companion podcast, Marketing Smarts episode episode 119
- Tamsen Webster, senior vice president for executive communications and chief marketing officer for Oratium, Marketing Smarts episode 154
- Gini Dietrich, founder and CEO of Arment Dietrich, author of Spin Sucks, Marketing Smarts episode 129
- Ekaterina Walter, global evangelist at Sprinklr, Marketing Smarts episode 122
- Nick Westergaard, chief brand strategist at Brand Driven Digital, Marketing Smarts episode 91
- Dorie Clark, author of Reinventing You and Stand Out, Marketing Smarts episodes 77 (hosted by Matt Grant) and 177.
This star-studded episode is action-packed! Be sure to listen to the entire show, which you can do above, or download the mp3 and listen at your convenience. Of course, you can also subscribe to the Marketing Smarts podcast in iTunes or via RSS and never miss an episode!
This special yearend episode brought to you by Experian Marketing Services:
Re-think the traditional customer journey. Build a scalable framework that, like a "choose your adventure" novel, responds to each customer's decisions to deliver a unique path of experiences. Download our free guide to see how you can create intelligent interactions with your customers, every time.
Music credit: Noam Weinstein.
This marketing podcast was created and published by MarketingProfs.
This episode features:
12 smart marketers: Tim Hayden, Dr. Carl Marci, Mark W. Schaefer, Jay Baer, Jon Miller, Matt Grant, Tom Webster, Tamsen Webster, Gini Dietrich, Ekaterina Walter, Nick Westergaard, and Dorie Clark.
Mack Collier is a social-media strategist based in Alabama. He helps companies build programs and initiatives that let them better connect with their customers and advocates. His podcast, The Fan-Damn-Tastic Marketing Show, discusses ways that brands can turn customers into fans. His first book, Think Like a Rock Star: How to Create Social Media and Marketing Strategies That Turn Customers Into Fans, was published in April 2013 by McGraw-Hill.
LinkedIn: Mack Collier
Kerry O'Shea Gorgone is director of product strategy, training, at MarketingProfs. She's also a speaker, writer, attorney, and educator. She hosts and produces the weekly Marketing Smarts podcast. To contact Kerry about being a guest on Marketing Smarts, send her an email. You can also find her on Twitter (@KerryGorgone) and her personal blog.