Six Tips for Managing Facebook Brand Timeline Pages
Social Media Today has published a complete checklist to get your Brand Timeline page ready to roll.
The complete article is rich with information about Timeline’s new features, but to help you hit the ground running, here are some to-do's to do right away:
- Choose whether to allow direct messages to your dedicated site administrators. Enabling Facebook to copy messages to admins will ensure they are notified whenever somebody contacts your brand page, thereby quickening response time.
- Strong suggestion: Untick the option for showing user posts at the very top of the page.
- Choose a cover photo that conveys your brand persona—not just a logo. Aim for an aspect ratio of 851x351 pixels.
- Choose the appropriate views and apps that will appear as the primary four apps in the windows just beneath your Timeline. (Only four at a time can appear there, so be mindful.)
- Mark milestones in your company’s history. One nice thing about Timeline is that you can showcase your company story, from birth to present, with color and depth. (Space out these updates, though, as too many at once can feel spammy.)
- Proof your page. That sounds like a no-brainer, but always double-check your work.
The Po!nt: Use Timeline management TLC. The more engaged you are with your Brand Timeline, the better you’ll know how it works, and the more readily you’ll be able to update it to suit your brand’s spirit, and captivate users.
If you're not already a MarketingProfs PRO Member, Upgrade Your Membership and gain instant access to hundreds of exclusive, cutting-edge articles, case studies, templates, tools, online seminars, research, and how-to guides to make your marketing smarter and more effective.
→ end article preview
Read the Full Article