Brand Positioning: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
35 Ways to Grow Your BrandIsadora BadiMarketers, looking for ways to take your brand to the next level? Here are 35 ideas and examples of brands that are doing it right.
How to Brand Across Multiple Touchpoints [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiThe number of touchpoints has expanded with the rise of social media and e-commerce. Here's a look at how you can meet your customers on the ever-expanding digital landscape.
Build Your Brand by Separating It From ProductBrian BennettOften, the hardest thing for a marketer to do—conceptually—is to separate brand from product. "Our brand and product are inseparable," I've heard it said—by some very successful people. But that's ...
Your Marketing Strategy Hinges on Both Brand and Client Research: Here's the Why--and the HowJoshua ConranIf you don't continually re-examine your clients and your brand in order to communicate your company's unique selling proposition, you could be muddling your value or—worse—speaking to the entirely wrong ...
The Business Case for Rebranding: Nine Essential ElementsJim HeiningerGaining leadership support and financial investment for a rebrand requires careful preparation of a rebranding business case that clearly outlines the need, the opportunity, the risks, and the cost of ...
How to Reinvent Your Marketing for This Century [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTechnology has transformed how brands reach out to today's consumers. Some brands, however, are still stuck in the old ways of marketing. Is yours?
The Key to Successful Positioning: '3 Cs' ResearchLawson AbinantiPositioning shouldn't be left to chance. Unless you do your research, your message to the market has almost no chance of getting through and hitting the mark. Here's what you ...
Five Things You Can Learn From the Most Authentic Brands in the WorldAdele Halsall"Authenticity" has become a word that's bandied about in marketing, and businesses are striving to align with this increasingly valued concept. But what does it mean to be authentic in ...
How Copywriting Can Build Your Brand AuthorityJamie ThomsonWhen you're recognized as a brand authority, you become the go-to business in your industry, you can be more selective with clients, and you can charge higher rates that reflect ...
Three Ways to Make Your Phone Presence a Key Driver in Your Marketing MixTristan BarnumThe voice channel is not going away any time soon, so spend time considering your options and planning, and be strategic about the branding and marketing opportunities your phone presence ...
Brand Positioning: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
You Don't Market, You Create Reactions: Jon Taffer of Spike TV's 'Bar Rescue' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJon Taffer, host of Spike TV's "Bar Rescue," rocks Marketing Smarts, sharing insights about branding and promotion based on his 30 years of experience making bars and restaurants profitable.
15 Years of MarketingProfs: Founder Allen Weiss Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketingProfs founder Allen Weiss shares the story of how he founded the company, how it's evolved over the past 15 years, and what role mindfulness plays in effective marketing.
True Blue Customer Devotion: JetBlue's Marty St. George on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJetBlue's executive vice-president of commercial and planning, Marty St. George, shares the secrets to the airline's success in using social media for customer service.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
Bringing the Mainframe to Millennials: B2B Marketer of the Year Deon Newman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDeon Newman, IBM's vice-president of marketing for System z, and recipient of the B2B Marketer of the Year Award at the MarketingProfs Bright Bulb Awards, shares insights into what made IBM's Mainframe50 campaign successful.
Why Your Marketing Doesn't Work: Tamsen Webster Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCommunication expert Tamsen Webster explains why most marketing and sales messages fail to drive action; she also shares the surprisingly simple secret to more effective messages.
How to Make a Lasting Impression: 'Clarity Therapist' Steve Woodruff Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Clarity therapist" Steve Woodruff explains how you can break through the noise, help people to understand your business, and ensure that they remember what you do so that they can connect you with potential customers.
The Language of Brand Love: Loveworks Author Brian Sheehan Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Brian Sheehan discusses his latest book "Loveworks," the characteristics of beloved brands, and how you can create a "sensual experience" for your prospects and customers.
Entrepreneurial Spirit: The Founders of Barefoot Wine Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Houlihan and Bonnie Harvey started Barefoot Wine in a laundry room and grew it into one of the top US wine brands. They talk about how their approach to selling wine disrupted the industry, and what others can learn ...
Employees as Brand Advocates: IBM's Ethan McCarty Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIBM's Director of Social Strategy and Programs Ethan McCarty talks about how (and why) the company selects and showcases the social media posts of employees from across the organization.
Brand Positioning: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Discover and Tell Your Business StoryBroadcast on 10/15/2015 with Ron PloofIn this PRO seminar, business storyteller Ron Ploof will explain how to discover and tell your business story. He'll share how to transform messages into compelling narratives that persuade audiences to take action, whether it's buying your product, adopting a new concept, or changing their behavior.
- Words That Stick: How to Make Your Brand GoogleableBroadcast on 8/6/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain why you need simple clarity, how to achieve it, and most importantly, how to apply it to your brand to boost sales. You'll learn how to succinctly describe what makes your brand unique, and give your brand credibility by speaking about it with authority.
- How to Build Your Podcast BrandBroadcast on 7/23/2015 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, we'll walk you through how to get started in podcasting—from understanding its current state to the mechanics and equipment needed to begin. You'll learn how to develop a podcast that both aligns with your brand promise and engages your audience. We'll also share techniques on how to turn your current listeners into brand advocates, and you'll walk away with actionable tips you can start using right away to take your podcast from good to great.
- MarketingProfs University: The Ultimate Recipe for a Great Brand StoryBroadcast on 6/11/2015 with Meg TrippIn this PRO seminar, we'll guide you through the brand storytelling tips, tools, and techniques you'll need to create something your audience can't resist—and that they won't get tired of sharing.
- How to Integrate Your Brand's Story Into Your Marketing ArsenalBroadcast on 2/5/2015 with Jennifer KaneIn this PRO seminar, we'll move beyond the hype of storytelling and share the essential components of all good stories. You'll receive hands-on, practical advice on what to do after your story is developed and how to strategically weave it into your content marketing plan. We'll also discuss best practices on how to publish and distribute your story to increase audience engagement and improve your ROI.
- Make Something People LoveBroadcast on 1/22/2015 with Alexis OhanianIn this PRO seminar, Alexis will share personal lessons learned from co-founding reddit, the world's largest platform for online communities. He'll discuss how he built hipmunk (a travel search comparison tool) in a crowded industry, and created Breadpig, a thriving community to support creatives in the age of crowdfunding—all with next to no marketing budget.
- Brand Yourself: Busting the Nine-Second BarrierBroadcast on 3/14/2013 with KiKi L'ItalienThis PRO seminar will teach you how to establish a cohesive personal brand, have better personal relationships, and live the life you were meant to live.
- How to Become a Trusted Brand and Industry LeaderBroadcast on 1/17/2013 with John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to position your brand as a go-to authority in your industry. We'll discuss how to increase your visibility and explore the critical difference between marketing and branding (and how an understanding of that difference can help you).
- Ten Best Practices for Performing Competitive TeardownsBroadcast on 7/26/2012 with Sean CampbellYou'll learn the do's and don'ts of acquiring competitors' solutions, methods to perform the teardown effectively and fairly, and how you can use the results to improve your marketing and sales collateral.
- How to Hammer Your Brand Into the Minds of Your ConsumersBroadcast on 7/19/2012 with Laura RiesIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn about the ten types of visual hammers, why you need one, and how to find the perfect one for your brand.
Brand Positioning: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Successfully Describe Your ServicesReleased on 10/23/2015 with Gillian ValleeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to craft a top-notch services description that can help you win more business.
- Take 10: How to Name Your BrandReleased on 9/4/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss how to choose a brand name that resonates with your customers. We'll walk you through the four types of names and the elements that make them sticky, as well as teach you how to evaluate your company and product names against the competition.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Refresh Your Website (Without Spending a Fortune!)Released on 2/6/2015 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, we'll share five simple tips to improve and refresh your website. You'll be able to makeover your website so that it looks current, loads faster, and increases your search engine optimization ranking—without wasting your time and money.
- Take 10: How to Create an Emotional Connection with a CustomerReleased on 5/9/2014 with Christine M. BarneyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three easy steps to determine the type of brand you are, build your brand's reputation, and tune in to your customers' needs. Armed with this knowledge, you'll guarantee the customer experience matches the brand promise and turn fence-sitters into evangelists.
- Take 10: Craft the Perfect Call to ActionReleased on 12/13/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to strategically create a call to action your customers will care about and will pay attention to.
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Turn Your Brand Into Eye Candy for Your ConsumersReleased on 6/1/2012 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to proactively prepare your brand for this social visual revolution and ensure that you have a sexy and cohesive brand image that's ready for consumption by your audience.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Monetize Local Daily DealsReleased on 5/18/2012 with Amy FowlerJust like everything else, there's a right way and a wrong way to add daily deals into your marketing mix. In just 10 minutes, you'll learn the right way to make daily deals lucrative for your business.
Brand Positioning: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Three Cs of Successful PositioningIn this 15-page guide, you'll learn how to research the three Cs, their importance, and their impact on the positioning process. Just as positioning is the foundation for successful marketing, understanding the three Cs is the foundation for a positioning strategy that will set you apart from your competitors.