Collaboration: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Is Your Video Platform Future-Proof?Jeff FisselYou might already have your video marketing strategy figured out, but technology is always changing. Learn whether your video platform is future-proof, and get tips on making sure your video ...
10 Personal Branding Trends for 2013 (Part 2)William ArrudaIn Part 1 of "10 Personal Branding Trends for 2013," I shared five important personal branding trends for the New Year. In this second installment, I have five more trends ...
What You Need to Know About Printing, Including CostsDebbie SimpsonWe might be living in the age of the Internet, but print collateral is still a part of just about every organization's marketing arsenal. Here's what you need to know ...
Lead Nurturing and Marketing Automation: 15 Key Questions Answered (Question 1)Sid SmithThis first article of a series focusing on lead nurturing asks and answers, "How do you achieve alignment between Marketing and Sales?" The series will cover 15 questions that are ...
Buried Treasure: How to Find Great Content Right Under Your NoseTerri ThorntonYour PR folks have access to content treasure you didn't know you had—without weighing down your team or running up the bill. Here are some easy ways they can help ...
The Wonderful World of Difficult Clients [Infographic]Most companies must deal with clients. Unfortunately, some clients can be extremely difficult. To help you identify and handle challenging clients, Ciplex created this infographic highlighting the most common difficult-client ...
Five Tips for Building a Case for Marketing in the BoardroomChris CharitonMarketing is often viewed as a cost center, and marketers meet resistance when their budgets are being approved. But Marketing is an asset, and you need to position it to ...
Connect Remote Workers With Social SoftwareIf you're running a small business, one of your biggest allies is the freelancer or the remote worker—even if she's not at your doorstep (which she increasingly isn't). But if you ...
Six Tips for Creating an Analytics-Driven Marketing CultureAdele SweetwoodThese days, if a marketing organization is to deliver value and show tangible results, it must build an analytical culture. If yours is like most marketing organizations, you already pack ...
How Agile Project Management Saved My Marketing TeamAdria SaracinoHere's a quick crash course on the agile project management methodology and how I, as a marketer, applied it to managing my team. I hope to help you identify where ...
Collaboration: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
No Pain, No Gain: Jonah Lehrer Discusses Debate, Dissent, and Creativity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOne of the rules of traditional brainstorming is... "Don't criticize anyone's ideas." But does that work? "Criticism is really good for the imagination," Jonah Lehrer explains in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts.
Collaboration: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Collaborate Effectively Within Your Organization to Strengthen Your BrandBroadcast on 11/15/2012 with Elaine FogelThis PRO seminar will give marketers the resources and inspiration they need to collaborate with other departments. You'll learn how to turn employees into brand ambassadors who will enhance customer relationships, advocate branding compliance, promote trust, and help your business.
- Sales Messaging That Closes the DealBroadcast on 6/21/2012 with Tim RiestererDiscover how to develop content marketing messages that help your salespeople close the deal and convince prospects to choose you.
- Cognitive Surplus: How Sharing and Collaboration Can Benefit Marketers in a Connected AgeBroadcast on 4/19/2012 with Clay ShirkyIn this seminar, Clay Shirky will show you how to tap into your customers' cognitive surplus by providing a platform for customer collaboration—and how this collaboration can turn into big positive results for your business. Plus you'll discover how you, as a marketer, can become more valuable to your company through the insights you gain by fostering this collaboration.
- How to Become a Social Business: Your Framework for SuccessBroadcast on 3/8/2012 with Sandy CarterIn this seminar, Sandy Carter of IBM will share how you can create your own social business agenda for greater competitive advantage. You'll discover how to use social tools to create new opportunities for growth, innovation and productivity across the business network—employees, customers and partners.
- The Truth About LeadsBroadcast on 3/17/2011 with Dan McDadeLearn the little-known secrets that focus your lead-generation efforts, align your sales and marketing organizations, and drive revenue growth. Seminar instructor Dan McDade will present 10 provocative questions to help you determine the effectiveness of your sales and marketing efforts.
- How To Be a Social Media Strategist, Not the Social Help DeskBroadcast on 1/27/2011 with Jeremiah OwyangIn this seminar, social media master Jeremiah Owyang points out the tremendous opportunity for marketers to develop social media programs that get ahead of day-to-day demands and instead operate as part of a longer-term, strategic plan.
- Five Ways to Integrate Mobile Into the B2B Marketing MixBroadcast on 11/4/2010 with Christina Kerley ("CK")Expert marketer Christina "CK" Kerley will take the mystery out of B2B mobile marketing show you five ways to integrate mobile into your marketing mix.
- Selling Social to the C-SuiteBroadcast on 7/15/2010 with Brian SolisThis seminar will provide you with the insight and directives necessary to shift from the role of champion to business strategist and help you set a plan to convey the importance of engaging in social media to senior management.
- Social Metrics for Marketers: How to Measure What MattersBroadcast on 5/20/2010 with Jim SterneMeasurement is an essential part of any marketing program. Don't miss this seminar that provides the latest best practices and tools to set social media marketing metrics and measure your social media marketing programs.
- 7 Steps to Take Your Brand Social ... and Still Be in ControlBroadcast on 4/22/2010 with Tamsen McMahonDiscover a seven-step process to help you build a solid, sustainable, and social brand by actively aligning your values and operations (not just your communications) with those of your customers.
Collaboration: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Generate Big Ideas in Small, Easy StepsReleased on 12/2/2011 with Alicia ArnoldThe "forced connections" approach requires you to think of relations between two unrelated concepts in order to generate new ideas. In just 10 minutes, learn how to use this exercise in the problem-solving process. Along the way, you will see how posing questions about the problem at hand can help you find a solution.
Collaboration: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best PracticesMarketing automation can have a big impact on your sales and marketing efforts. Learn the ins and outs of marketing automation capabilities, how to make the best use of them, and resources for selecting the best system for you with MarketingProfs' Marketing Automation Management: Basics and Best Practices guide.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- SWOT Analysis How-To GuideThis comprehensive, step-by-step how-to guide will help you assess the position in the market of your product or firm, by identifying the product's Strengths and Weaknesses, by considering the potential Opportunities the product has in the marketingplace, and by assessing the potential Threats posed by either the competition or the marketplace.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
- Sales & Marketing Alignment - Apr. 2005Need a little help getting your marketing efforts in sync with your sales efforts? Look no further. A 2005 study of MarketingProfs members worldwide found that companies that successfully aligned sales with marketing perform better in many sales measures than their “unaligned” competition. Aligned companies enjoyed 5.4% faster growth, 38% more proposals closed, 36% fewer customers lost, and 40% more new business coming from marketing leads than unaligned firms. Read the complete analysis and take advantage of the recommendations from this exhaustive report.
- Sales and Marketing AlignmentBenchmark Sales Mtkg Alignment
- Marketing ROI and the Sales FunnelIn this guide, you will learn how to structure, motivate and measure the marketing and sales functions to maximize profit. Topics include: 1) a high-level self-assessment to determine potential sources of profit leakage; 2) how to map out and improve strategies related to the buying cycle; 3) how to apply marketing ROI principles to create strategies to reduce and recycle leakage from the buying cycle; and 4) how to leverage insight on your key profit drivers and customer-level analysis to improve profitability.