Customer Experience: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
What Marketing Can Learn From User ExperienceSezgin HergulMarketing vs. User Experience. It doesn't have to be a hostile relationship. By using the principles and experiences of one field, you can improve the quality of the other. To ...
The Science Behind Why Native Ads Work [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiNative ads nab more attention, garner greater focus, and make more of a subconscious impact than other ads do. Here's a look at the science behind that engagement.
The Online Marketer's Guide to Social Media Contests [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiPlanning a social media contest? Check out these helpful tips and reminders about the new FTC regulations that affect social media contests.
Three Common Mistakes Mobile App Marketers Make, and How to Fix ThemAlon EvenHow mobile app makers and marketers learn from their peers' mistakes is what empowers them to create an app that engages users. So let's take a look at three common ...
Three Easy Tips for Hyper-Personal Push NotificationsMomchil KyurkchievFor marketers considering push notifications in their mobile marketing strategy, these tips for triggering hyper-personalized notifications will help build brand loyalty, as opposed to pushing users away.
The Biggest Hurdle to Reaching Hispanics Isn't Language, It's MobileYuriy Boykiv, Rob DouglasHere's how you can reach Hispanic consumers, who are far less likely to access the Internet from a desktop computer, but more likely to own and use a smartphone, than ...
The Apple Watch: A Guide for MarketersCory MunchbachThe Apple Watch has been making a splash with consumers since its launch. For brands, it offers a key moment to make a very personal connection with customers.
The State of Customer Service in 2015Ayaz NanjiOne-third of consumers who contact a brand on social media with a customer service issue never get a response, according to a recent report from the Northridge Group.
'Instant Digital Gratification': 15 Stats You Need to Know [Infographic]Brian RigneyConsumers today demand instant digital gratification. Check out these recent must-know stats that explore marketing through the lens of instant digital gratification.
Web Forms That Convert: Five Things to A/B-TestAlexandra RecasanContact forms, request-a-quote forms, market research forms, newsletter subscription forms... so many kinds of forms! If only you had a silver bullet for easily crafting a form that perfectly converts.
Customer Experience: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Brand Attachment: Larry Vincent Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLarry Vincent, founder and executive director of The Brand Studio at United Talent Agency, discusses brand attachment, including how marketers can use it to predict buying behavior.
Customer Frustration and Business Vulnerability: Stephen Beck Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChange expert and business consultant Stephen Beck discusses how focusing on customer frustration and business vulnerabilities can help you grow your company.
Marketing Smarts Special: Industry Stars Reveal Their No. 1 Strategy for Success [Podcast]by Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea Gorgone16 Marketing Smarts guests from 2013 tell you which marketing tactic they would choose, if they could use only one.
Social, Mobile, and the Future of Sports Marketing: Michelle Andres of the Baltimore Ravens Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichelle Andres, vice-president of digital media for the Baltimore Ravens, explains how the organization rose to social media prominence in the NFL and turned its official website from a lonely afterthought into the online destination for fans.
What's the Future of Business? Author Brian Solis Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneProviding the best product won't be enough to carry your business into the future: You need to create experiences your customers want to share. Author Brian Solis discusses the need for innovative leadership, the new generation of consumerism, and his ...
Three Customer Service Lessons From Dave 'United Breaks Guitars' Carroll on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDave Carroll is the man whose guitar United broke. He joined us to discuss his book, titled United Breaks Guitars, about the experiences that led up to his now famous music video, lessons he learned along the way about social ...
Have You Sat Down with Your Customer Lately? Patrick Schaber and Joe Sorge on Marketing Smartsby Matthew GrantWhether you are selling complex technical systems or burgers with fried pickles on them—like my guests in this week's Marketing Smarts—you need to understand your customers and interact with them face-to-face.
Customer Experience: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts SearchBroadcast on 8/13/2015 with Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- Develop Your B2B Customer Journey in Six StepsBroadcast on 8/11/2015 with Teya FlickJoin us for this free seminar to gain an understanding of your customers' motivations and challenges. You'll learn how to deliver relevant content and develop your customer journey in six easy steps. Sponsored by Whereoware
- How to Create a High Converting B2B Content ExperienceBroadcast on 7/7/2015 with Hana AbazaJoin us for this free seminar to discover how to build a compelling content experience and boost your conversion rate. Sponsored by Uberflip
- Single Customer View: The Missing Link to Cross-Channel SuccessBroadcast on 6/30/2015 with Martin Gilliard, Matt TipperreiterJoin us for this free seminar to learn how to build a single customer view. You'll discover why understanding your customers' behavior across channels—and linking that understanding at an individual level—is core to the success of any cross-channel marketing strategy. Sponsored by Experian Marketing Services
- Learn How to Create a Successful 'Voice of the Customer' ProgramBroadcast on 6/2/2015 with Jonathan Hinz, Ian MacDonaldJoin us for this free seminar to learn how to implement a formal VoC strategy that allows you to listen, measure, and act. You'll discover that once a strategy is defined, it becomes much easier to correlate increases in revenue and decreases in cost back to your VoC programs. Sponsored by Trustpilot
- Brain Science and Web MarketingBroadcast on 2/26/2015 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll reveal the secrets of marketing masters and provide you with neuromarketing tactics applicable to the relationship between the brain, behavior, and marketing on the web. We'll share research, case studies, and specific neuromarketing tactics that any brand can use to better connect with their customers—including the use of social proof, psychological anchoring, and how to tap into cognitive biases in your writing.
- Make Something People LoveBroadcast on 1/22/2015 with Alexis OhanianIn this PRO seminar, Alexis will share personal lessons learned from co-founding reddit, the world's largest platform for online communities. He'll discuss how he built hipmunk (a travel search comparison tool) in a crowded industry, and created Breadpig, a thriving community to support creatives in the age of crowdfunding—all with next to no marketing budget.
- 10 Skills Every Marketer Needs to Enhance the Customer ExperienceBroadcast on 6/5/2014 with Larry Weber, Lisa Leslie HendersonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how customer experience leaders are using an expanded marketing toolkit to build a competitive advantage, one interaction at a time. You'll walk away with 10 skills that will help you provide a game-changing customer experience including analytics, marketing automation, website personalization, private and public social community building, and more.
- The Audience ImperativeBroadcast on 11/14/2013 with Jeffrey K. RohrsThis PRO seminar will give you a clear understanding of the principles of proprietary audience development and a leg up on the competition who remain wholly dependent on renting audiences from others.
- MarketingProfs University: Developing an Email Strategy That Keeps People ConnectedBroadcast on 3/15/2012 with Morgan StewartThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Email Marketing Master Course will identify the critical strategic elements for successful email programs, tie those elements to your specific business objectives, and demonstrate how to continually optimize your email program based on customer feedback.
Customer Experience: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Guide Customers Through Your ContentReleased on 12/5/2014 with Melissa BrekerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the various stages of the customer journey and five considerations to help improve your conversion rate. You'll walk away with a framework to assess your current content and determine where there are opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Take 10: Simple Tweaks to Attract More On-the-Go Mobile UsersReleased on 10/31/2014 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn design tips to optimize your mobile site and emails, and what statistics can help you create a satisfying mobile experience for your on-the-go customer. With these simple tweaks, your mobile site can be used quickly and efficiently, and will keep your customers coming back.
- Take 10: Customer Engagement—How to Turn a Negative Into a PositiveReleased on 10/24/2014 with Jeannie WaltersIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to handle customer experience mishaps with finesse. You'll also learn how to create a greater level of brand trust and loyalty despite the customer issue, and ultimately, how to turn an unhappy customer into a loyal one.
- Take 10: How to Deal With Negative Comments on FacebookReleased on 8/19/2011 with Paul ChaneyDuring this 10-minute tactical webcast, you'll learn how to manage comments from your Facebook Page's admin panel, filter out certain words or phrases, and set permissions on what fans can and cannot post.
Customer Experience: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.