E-Commerce: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Seven Conversion Rate Tactics That Increased Sales by $21 MillionSteven MacdonaldWebsite conversion rate increases alone don't mean much. Revenue growth is what really matters. This article gives you seven examples (which you can use) that helped the author increase online ...
How Scrolling Behavior on E-Commerce Sites Is Evolving [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiInternet users on all devices are scrolling farther and farther down on e-commerce site pages, according to a recent report from Content Square.
Why Consumers Abandon Online Travel Bookings Before PurchasingAyaz NanjiSome 94% of consumers say they have left a travel website before completing their booking, according to a recent report from SaleCycle.
How Gender, Age, and Left-Handedness Affect E-Commerce Behavior [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiWomen click around more on e-commerce sites, left-handed shoppers are slower, and older consumers tend to view fewer pages, according to a recent report from Content Square.
Do Your Holiday Habits Show Your Age? [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiHere's a look at how Millennials, Generation Xers, and Boomers shop during the holidays.
Why Personalized Marketing Will Dominate in 2015 [Infographic]Chris ByersCheck out these five reasons to include personalized marketing in your planning for 2015.
The Holiday Longtail: Five Ways to Extend Your Holiday Marketing Into 2015 for Greater ResultsJay CalavasTo create long-term customer loyalty and profits, marketing professionals need to find a way to extend the yearend holidays' sales momentum into the New Year.
What Motivates Consumers to Complete E-Commerce Purchases?Ayaz NanjiMost online shoppers say they want to know what other customers think about a product before purchasing it on an e-commerce site, according to a recent report from VWO.
What Is the Value of Ranking First in an Amazon Search?Ayaz NanjiSome 35% of consumers, on average, click the first product listed on an Amazon shopping search results page, according to a recent report from Compete.
What Might Black Friday E-Commerce Look Like This Year? [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiLooking at the past can help you prepare for the future. So, here's what Black Friday e-commerce looked like last year.
E-Commerce: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
E-Commerce: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Enhancing Your Mobile Strategy—A Neiman Marcus Case StudyBroadcast on 11/25/2014 with Michelle DeVore, Mike PufferJoin us for this free seminar to discover how Neiman Marcus is effectively using mobile as a direct and persistent link to its customers. You'll learn results-focused strategies that you can use to improve mobile acquisition, increase engagement, and refine your messaging.
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- Content Marketing: How to Position Your Company as a Trusted Expert ResourceBroadcast on 12/4/2008 with Joe PulizziWhat's the best way to start building a relationship with potential buyers? Educate them about your industry, possible solution choices, best practices, and the right questions to ask.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and MoreBroadcast on 5/22/2008 with Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Search Marketing Essentials for Online RetailersBroadcast on 2/8/2007 with Stephan Spencer, George MichieStephan Spencer and George Michie will share their expertise and tips for advanced search marketing, specific to the unique challenges that e-commerce marketers face.
- Best Practices in Web Content: Beauty Doesn't Matter (much)Broadcast on 12/7/2006 with Gerry McGovernThis seminar is packed full of practical advise and real world examples. For 12 years, Gerry has worked with some of the best organizations in the world (BBC, UCLA, Microsoft, Pioneer, HP), and has written four books on the subject of web management.
- Boosting E-Commerce Conversion Rates with Persuasion ScenariosBroadcast on 11/9/2006 with Bryan EisenbergBy modeling customer behavior with Persuasion Scenarios, you can fix holes in your sales process by understanding your customers’ buying process.
- Crash Course in Direct Marketing: First Seminar in a 10-Seminar SeriesBroadcast on 10/19/2006 with Ruth StevensThe broad scope of direct marketing makes it easy to misunderstand some of its basic principles. DM expert Ruth Stevens covers the elements that every marketing professional needs to know.
- Search Engine Optimization: Maximize Your Natural Search ChannelBroadcast on 11/18/2004 with Stephan Spencer, Brian KlaisThere is a science behind designing websites that achieve top rankings in the search engine. In this seminar, you will learn practical tips you can apply immediately to maximize your reach.
E-Commerce: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
E-Commerce: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.