E-Commerce: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Twitter's 140+ Character Limit (Finally!), Plus 11 More Stories in This Week's RoundupChristian NeriFinally, Twitter officially gives you more room to express yourself, and Facebook updates Facebook Live so you can skip to the good parts. Also: pay-to-boost reach on Instagram, Foursquare's ...
Five Effective Ways to Build a Strong Online ReputationAjay PrasadOnline reviews can pop up when you least expect them, leaving a lasting effect on how potential and current customers perceive your business. Improving your online reputation is no walk ...
The Most Important Mobile E-Commerce FeaturesAyaz NanjiConsumers who use their smartphones to shop say the most important feature of a mobile e-commerce offering is being able to easily see product photos, according to a recent report ...
How Real-Time Marketing Changes the GameTamar WeinbergBrands today have an opportunity to enhance personalization and reach, addressing always-changing customer expectations. With real-time marketing, you can increase loyalty, even upsell, and help retain customers.
Seven Technical SEO Mistakes Ruining Your Search RankingsNathan GotchTechnical SEO mistakes are the silent killer of campaigns. They not only disrupt user experience but also make Google hate your website. Fix these seven mistakes to help you achieve ...
#SocialSkim: Snapchat Overtakes Facebook in Video, Inks Olympics Deal; Plus 10 More Stories in This Week's RoundupChristian NeriThis week's 'Skim is all about maximizing views and visibility. Snapchat has done the impossible and overtaken Facebook in video views, and the ephemeral-messaging app also signed an unprecedented deal ...
#SocialSkim: What Facebook's Algorithm Change Means, Plus 12 More Stories in This Week's RoundupChristian NeriThis week's all about optimization and user experience—from the social network and brand perspectives. Facebook grabbed headlines with a big algorithm change that aims to reward high-quality content, and social ...
A Primer for Getting Ahead With Long-Tail KeywordsSarika PeriwalLong-tail keywords can help even smaller and newer websites "steal" traffic from big, established players. Here's the lowdown on the what, why, and how of long-tail keywords.
#SocialSkim: All You Need to Know About Facebook's F8, Plus 13 More Stories in This Week's RoundupChristian NeriAll about Facebook's annual F8 conference and all the shiny new things the company is working on. Also: Periscope's latest move to take on Snapchat, why social video might not ...
How to Optimize Your Email Campaigns With Interest-Based List SegmentationJeremy ReevesMost email campaigns do a lousy job of turning warm leads into customers. But with interest-based segmentation, you'll not just dramatically increase your results... you'll do so without annoying prospects.
E-Commerce: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
E-Commerce: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Going All In: How to Avoid the Perils of a Website RedesignBroadcast on 5/7/2015 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the perils of a website redesign, and show you how to design a site for improved performance. We'll also share case studies of redesigns that have succeeded and failed, and you'll leave with practical advice on how to assess your existing site. (You'll also find out how Finish Line ultimately saved its online business!)
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- Content Marketing: How to Position Your Company as a Trusted Expert ResourceBroadcast on 12/4/2008 with Joe PulizziWhat's the best way to start building a relationship with potential buyers? Educate them about your industry, possible solution choices, best practices, and the right questions to ask.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and MoreBroadcast on 5/22/2008 with Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Search Marketing Essentials for Online RetailersBroadcast on 2/8/2007 with Stephan Spencer, George MichieStephan Spencer and George Michie will share their expertise and tips for advanced search marketing, specific to the unique challenges that e-commerce marketers face.
- Best Practices in Web Content: Beauty Doesn't Matter (much)Broadcast on 12/7/2006 with Gerry McGovernThis seminar is packed full of practical advise and real world examples. For 12 years, Gerry has worked with some of the best organizations in the world (BBC, UCLA, Microsoft, Pioneer, HP), and has written four books on the subject of web management.
- Boosting E-Commerce Conversion Rates with Persuasion ScenariosBroadcast on 11/9/2006 with Bryan EisenbergBy modeling customer behavior with Persuasion Scenarios, you can fix holes in your sales process by understanding your customers’ buying process.
- Crash Course in Direct Marketing: First Seminar in a 10-Seminar SeriesBroadcast on 10/19/2006 with Ruth StevensThe broad scope of direct marketing makes it easy to misunderstand some of its basic principles. DM expert Ruth Stevens covers the elements that every marketing professional needs to know.
- Search Engine Optimization: Maximize Your Natural Search ChannelBroadcast on 11/18/2004 with Stephan Spencer, Brian KlaisThere is a science behind designing websites that achieve top rankings in the search engine. In this seminar, you will learn practical tips you can apply immediately to maximize your reach.
E-Commerce: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
E-Commerce: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.