E-Commerce: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Does Your Page Load Time Affect Search Results? What You Need to Know—and Do!Barry FeldmanMaybe? A little? Probably? Yeah... a fast-loading website contributes both to better results via search and to better user experience. And it need not be difficult or expensive to speed ...
Back-to-School Shopping Trends for 2016Ayaz NanjiSome 85% of American parents plan to use a smartphone to help with their back-to-school shopping this year, according to a recent report from Retale.
Four Ways to Woo New Customers With Sweet-Talking Web CopyLisa PiersonReady to learn how to woo new customers? Use the following four ways to sweep them off their feet with some sweet-talking Web copy.
How Retailers Use Welcome Emails to Engage Consumers [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiSome 62% of e-commerce marketers say they send new email subscribers some sort of welcome message within 24 hours of signing up, according to recent research from Campaigner.
10 Tips for Making Popups Go the Extra Mile for Your BusinessReshu RathiPopups were once the bane of the Web; today, they are an excellent way to capture visitors' attention and improve conversion rates. But if not done properly, they still ruin ...
The Six Most Effective E-Commerce Email TacticsAyaz NanjiE-commerce marketers say sending subscribers exclusive offers is the most effective email tactic they use, according to recent research from Bronto.
Consumers' Preferred Retail Shipping OptionsAyaz NanjiThe delivery options that consumers value most from retailers are standard shipping (5-7 days) and express shipping (1-3 days), according to recent research from Temando.
A Crash Course: Start an Online Business in Three StepsStephen MoyersStarting an online business can be daunting, but focusing on the important components common to every company and organizing them into manageable chunks can help. Here's a crash course in ...
Psych! Five Principles That Explain Why Consumers Take Action (or Don't)Laura ForerToday's marketers can track and analyze virtually every step of a customer's journey. We have hard data that show us what's working and what's not. But beneath all that data ...
Five Local SEO Tips for Small Business OwnersAleh BarysevichLocal SEO is every small business's key to better search engine rankings and higher conversion rates. SEO is a complicated industry, but these five tips will help you win customers ...
E-Commerce: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Customer Relationships, Digital Marketing, and eBay for Dummies: Marsha Collier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDigital marketing and e-commerce expert Marsha Collier, author of 32 books, including eBay for Dummies, discusses how to manage customer relationships across channels, why behavior is more important than demographics, and what marketers can learn from successful eBay sellers.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
E-Commerce: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Going All In: How to Avoid the Perils of a Website RedesignBroadcast on 5/7/2015 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the perils of a website redesign, and show you how to design a site for improved performance. We'll also share case studies of redesigns that have succeeded and failed, and you'll leave with practical advice on how to assess your existing site. (You'll also find out how Finish Line ultimately saved its online business!)
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- Content Marketing: How to Position Your Company as a Trusted Expert ResourceBroadcast on 12/4/2008 with Joe PulizziWhat's the best way to start building a relationship with potential buyers? Educate them about your industry, possible solution choices, best practices, and the right questions to ask.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and MoreBroadcast on 5/22/2008 with Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Search Marketing Essentials for Online RetailersBroadcast on 2/8/2007 with Stephan Spencer, George MichieStephan Spencer and George Michie will share their expertise and tips for advanced search marketing, specific to the unique challenges that e-commerce marketers face.
- Best Practices in Web Content: Beauty Doesn't Matter (much)Broadcast on 12/7/2006 with Gerry McGovernThis seminar is packed full of practical advise and real world examples. For 12 years, Gerry has worked with some of the best organizations in the world (BBC, UCLA, Microsoft, Pioneer, HP), and has written four books on the subject of web management.
- Boosting E-Commerce Conversion Rates with Persuasion ScenariosBroadcast on 11/9/2006 with Bryan EisenbergBy modeling customer behavior with Persuasion Scenarios, you can fix holes in your sales process by understanding your customers’ buying process.
- Crash Course in Direct Marketing: First Seminar in a 10-Seminar SeriesBroadcast on 10/19/2006 with Ruth StevensThe broad scope of direct marketing makes it easy to misunderstand some of its basic principles. DM expert Ruth Stevens covers the elements that every marketing professional needs to know.
- Search Engine Optimization: Maximize Your Natural Search ChannelBroadcast on 11/18/2004 with Stephan Spencer, Brian KlaisThere is a science behind designing websites that achieve top rankings in the search engine. In this seminar, you will learn practical tips you can apply immediately to maximize your reach.
E-Commerce: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
E-Commerce: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.