E-Commerce: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Devices Consumers Use to Shop for Fashion OnlineAyaz NanjiMore than half (52%) of people who shopped for clothes online in the past year used a mobile device to make at least one purchase, according to recent research from ...
Google Just Got Rid of AdWords Converted Clicks. Now What?Dave McIninchToday, Google ends support for Converted Clicks in AdWords. If you're still using this metric in reports or for Target CPA bidding, here's what you'll have to do.
#SocialSkim: Apple Takes Aim at Facebook's WhatsApp, Plus 12 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriThis week's social roundup is all about community (and money). Apple puts Facebook's WhatsApp and other messaging platforms in its crosshairs, while YouTube introduces a new community feature. Also: Facebook's ...
#SocialSkim: Snapchat Ad Revenue to Near $1 Billion, Plus 11 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriSnapchat seems to be taking the reins of the social media realm, with projections that its ad revenues will reach nearly $1 billion next year and speculation that it will ...
The Three Rs That E-Commerce Marketers Should MasterMaciej ZawadzinskiWe're all familiar with the 3 Rs from elementary school. These days, though, every marketer—especially those working in e-commerce—should have a firm grip on three other essential Rs: retention, retargeting, ...
#SocialSkim: Apple's Social Video App, Facebook's Offers Upgrade, Plus 10 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriApple grabbed headlines with chatter about its impending social video app. Also: Twitter attracts YouTuber-like influencers, Facebook makes a big update to Offers, and Snapchat works on behavioral targeting. Skim ...
Does Your Page Load Time Affect Search Results? What You Need to Know—and Do!Barry FeldmanMaybe? A little? Probably? Yeah... a fast-loading website contributes both to better results via search and to better user experience. And it need not be difficult or expensive to speed ...
Back-to-School Shopping Trends for 2016Ayaz NanjiSome 85% of American parents plan to use a smartphone to help with their back-to-school shopping this year, according to a recent report from Retale.
Four Ways to Woo New Customers With Sweet-Talking Web CopyLisa PiersonReady to learn how to woo new customers? Use the following four ways to sweep them off their feet with some sweet-talking Web copy.
How Retailers Use Welcome Emails to Engage Consumers [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiSome 62% of e-commerce marketers say they send new email subscribers some sort of welcome message within 24 hours of signing up, according to recent research from Campaigner.
E-Commerce: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Customer Relationships, Digital Marketing, and eBay for Dummies: Marsha Collier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDigital marketing and e-commerce expert Marsha Collier, author of 32 books, including eBay for Dummies, discusses how to manage customer relationships across channels, why behavior is more important than demographics, and what marketers can learn from successful eBay sellers.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
E-Commerce: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Going All In: How to Avoid the Perils of a Website RedesignBroadcast on 5/7/2015 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the perils of a website redesign, and show you how to design a site for improved performance. We'll also share case studies of redesigns that have succeeded and failed, and you'll leave with practical advice on how to assess your existing site. (You'll also find out how Finish Line ultimately saved its online business!)
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- Content Marketing: How to Position Your Company as a Trusted Expert ResourceBroadcast on 12/4/2008 with Joe PulizziWhat's the best way to start building a relationship with potential buyers? Educate them about your industry, possible solution choices, best practices, and the right questions to ask.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and MoreBroadcast on 5/22/2008 with Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Search Marketing Essentials for Online RetailersBroadcast on 2/8/2007 with Stephan Spencer, George MichieStephan Spencer and George Michie will share their expertise and tips for advanced search marketing, specific to the unique challenges that e-commerce marketers face.
- Best Practices in Web Content: Beauty Doesn't Matter (much)Broadcast on 12/7/2006 with Gerry McGovernThis seminar is packed full of practical advise and real world examples. For 12 years, Gerry has worked with some of the best organizations in the world (BBC, UCLA, Microsoft, Pioneer, HP), and has written four books on the subject of web management.
- Boosting E-Commerce Conversion Rates with Persuasion ScenariosBroadcast on 11/9/2006 with Bryan EisenbergBy modeling customer behavior with Persuasion Scenarios, you can fix holes in your sales process by understanding your customers’ buying process.
- Crash Course in Direct Marketing: First Seminar in a 10-Seminar SeriesBroadcast on 10/19/2006 with Ruth StevensThe broad scope of direct marketing makes it easy to misunderstand some of its basic principles. DM expert Ruth Stevens covers the elements that every marketing professional needs to know.
- Search Engine Optimization: Maximize Your Natural Search ChannelBroadcast on 11/18/2004 with Stephan Spencer, Brian KlaisThere is a science behind designing websites that achieve top rankings in the search engine. In this seminar, you will learn practical tips you can apply immediately to maximize your reach.
E-Commerce: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
E-Commerce: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.