E-Commerce: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five Steps to Successful Experience-Driven CommerceLoni StarkCompeting on price is not a sustainable strategy for most businesses. So, instead of asking "how low can I go?" ask "how high can I set the bar to deliver ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including Apple's Big AnnouncementsAngela NatividadThis week was full of surprises. Get the lowdown on Apple's big announcements (and what matters most to marketers). Check out Chirpify, which lets you take payments on Twitter, Facebook, ...
Online Shoppers Want More Delivery and Return OptionsAyaz NanjiMore than 8 in 10 people (83%) are satisfied overall with their online shopping experiences, but satisfaction drops below 50% when shoppers are asked about flexibility to choose delivery dates ...
Social Media Lags Search, Email in E-commerce ConversionsAyaz NanjiSocial media is lagging as a traffic source to e-commerce websites and as a driver of online purchases, despite increased brand investment, according to a recent report.
62% of Shoppers Use a Mobile Device in Stores to Check PricesAyaz NanjiThe majority of shoppers (62%) use a mobile device at a brand’s physical location to compare products and prices, according to a recent survey of global consumers conducted by SDL.
How to Use Google Analytics to Increase E-Commerce SalesMor FriedmanGoogle Analytics is a great free tool for e-commerce websites. It can allow marketers and webmasters to record specific data about items purchased, learn how a user navigates the website, ...
Moms More Likely to Use Social Media and Mobile, and to Shop OnlineAyaz NanjiMoms are 20% more likely than the general population to use social media, and 91% now use social media regularly—a 20% increase since 2010. Moms are also more likely to ...
#SocialSkim: Boston Marathon, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Music, Facebook Open Graph MobileAngela NatividadThe Boston Marathon topped headlines this week. See how social helped salve wounds, correct errors, and reconnect people. Also, the latest on LinkedIn ads, Twitter's just-launched #music, and Facebook's Open ...
Social Takes Up 27% of Time Spent OnlineVahe HabeshianIf time spent online in the US via personal computers were compressed into one hour, 16 minutes of it, or 27%, would be spent on social networking and forums, according ...
Three Steps to Using Instagram for E-Commerce (Without Sharing a Single Photo)Thibaut DavoultIf Pinterest is great for driving referral traffic, Instagram takes the lead in customer retention and engagement. The practices outlined here are only just starting to spread, and they will ...
E-Commerce: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
E-Commerce: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- Content Marketing: How to Position Your Company as a Trusted Expert ResourceBroadcast on 12/4/2008 with Joe PulizziWhat's the best way to start building a relationship with potential buyers? Educate them about your industry, possible solution choices, best practices, and the right questions to ask.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and MoreBroadcast on 5/22/2008 with Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Search Marketing Essentials for Online RetailersBroadcast on 2/8/2007 with Stephan Spencer, George MichieStephan Spencer and George Michie will share their expertise and tips for advanced search marketing, specific to the unique challenges that e-commerce marketers face.
- Best Practices in Web Content: Beauty Doesn't Matter (much)Broadcast on 12/7/2006 with Gerry McGovernThis seminar is packed full of practical advise and real world examples. For 12 years, Gerry has worked with some of the best organizations in the world (BBC, UCLA, Microsoft, Pioneer, HP), and has written four books on the subject of web management.
- Boosting E-Commerce Conversion Rates with Persuasion ScenariosBroadcast on 11/9/2006 with Bryan EisenbergBy modeling customer behavior with Persuasion Scenarios, you can fix holes in your sales process by understanding your customers’ buying process.
- Crash Course in Direct Marketing: First Seminar in a 10-Seminar SeriesBroadcast on 10/19/2006 with Ruth StevensThe broad scope of direct marketing makes it easy to misunderstand some of its basic principles. DM expert Ruth Stevens covers the elements that every marketing professional needs to know.
- Search Engine Optimization: Maximize Your Natural Search ChannelBroadcast on 11/18/2004 with Stephan Spencer, Brian KlaisThere is a science behind designing websites that achieve top rankings in the search engine. In this seminar, you will learn practical tips you can apply immediately to maximize your reach.
E-Commerce: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
E-Commerce: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.