E-Commerce: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Online Shopping Trends 2013: Most Popular Categories, Top Purchase DriversAyaz NanjiMore than half (62%) of US consumers with Internet access now shop online at least once a month, and just 1% say they never shop online, according to a recent ...
Three Marketing Tactics to Tap Into the Emerging Apple DemographicCharles NichollsApple customers are emerging as an important new demographic, accounting for a massive 89% of mobile commerce sales. It's time to apply that knowledge.
Email Benchmarks: The Value of a Mobile Click, CTRs by Industry, Subscriber Activity TrendsAyaz NanjiAcross all industries, 16% of sales driven by email now happen via a mobile device, with 56% of those mobile sales completed on a tablet and 44% on a smartphone, ...
How to Get an Extra 1,500+ Web Visitors a DayRoman DobronovskyEven in utterly banal optimization methods, you can find something new—something that will differentiate you from competitors and will increase visitor numbers and sales.
Holiday Online Shopping Data: Eight Lucrative Dates Besides Cyber Monday and Black FridayAyaz NanjiTwo periods in early and mid December are even more lucrative for online retailers than Cyber Monday and Black Friday, and less competitive for consumers' attention, according to a recent ...
How Shoppers Use Mobile Phones in StoresAyaz NanjiJust under one-third (30%) of US shoppers and 40% of UK shoppers use their smartphones when shopping in brick-and-mortar stores, according to recent study by Usablenet.
Holiday Season 2013: How and When Consumers Plan to Shop [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiOne in seven shoppers (14.3%) have already started buying presents for the holidays, and another 11.8% plan to start before Thanksgiving, according to a recent report by Burst Media.
How to Enhance Mobile Marketing With PersonalizationKane RussellMobile is personal, with every feature, sound, and function customizable. To capture mobile's potential, marketers must personalize the mobile experience for customers. Here are easy-to-implement tactics to do just that.
The Best Days and Times for Promotional Email ConversionsAyaz NanjiMost promotional email recipients (65%) engage with email in the afternoons and evenings, yet marketers tend to send emails first thing in the morning, according to a recent report by ...
How to Harness Big Data for Better Holiday Shopping ExperiencesKelly FordThis holiday season, customer-centric brands have an opportunity to up the ante for their consumer shopping experiences with an ace in the hole: Big Data.
E-Commerce: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
E-Commerce: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Cart Abandonment: What Consumers Want from UsBroadcast on 10/29/2013 with Jim DavidsonJoin us for this free seminar and hear the results of a survey on consumers' expectations for cart technology and post-abandonment marketing. Sponsored by Bronto.
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- Content Marketing: How to Position Your Company as a Trusted Expert ResourceBroadcast on 12/4/2008 with Joe PulizziWhat's the best way to start building a relationship with potential buyers? Educate them about your industry, possible solution choices, best practices, and the right questions to ask.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and MoreBroadcast on 5/22/2008 with Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Search Marketing Essentials for Online RetailersBroadcast on 2/8/2007 with Stephan Spencer, George MichieStephan Spencer and George Michie will share their expertise and tips for advanced search marketing, specific to the unique challenges that e-commerce marketers face.
- Best Practices in Web Content: Beauty Doesn't Matter (much)Broadcast on 12/7/2006 with Gerry McGovernThis seminar is packed full of practical advise and real world examples. For 12 years, Gerry has worked with some of the best organizations in the world (BBC, UCLA, Microsoft, Pioneer, HP), and has written four books on the subject of web management.
- Boosting E-Commerce Conversion Rates with Persuasion ScenariosBroadcast on 11/9/2006 with Bryan EisenbergBy modeling customer behavior with Persuasion Scenarios, you can fix holes in your sales process by understanding your customers’ buying process.
- Crash Course in Direct Marketing: First Seminar in a 10-Seminar SeriesBroadcast on 10/19/2006 with Ruth StevensThe broad scope of direct marketing makes it easy to misunderstand some of its basic principles. DM expert Ruth Stevens covers the elements that every marketing professional needs to know.
- Search Engine Optimization: Maximize Your Natural Search ChannelBroadcast on 11/18/2004 with Stephan Spencer, Brian KlaisThere is a science behind designing websites that achieve top rankings in the search engine. In this seminar, you will learn practical tips you can apply immediately to maximize your reach.
E-Commerce: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
E-Commerce: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.