Marketing Budgets: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
2016 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and TrendsAnn HandleyWhat sets best-in-class B2C marketers apart from the rest? Which tactics, social platforms, and promotion methods do B2C marketers use—and how effectively? How do B2C content marketers differ from their ...
Do the Math: Using Metrics for Marketing Success [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiToday's marketers must keep abreast of their marketing numbers—budgets, measurement, and metrics. This infographic can help you see how your marketing strategy numbers add up.
B2B Marketing Technology: Top Tools, Objectives, and ChallengesAyaz NanjiNearly two-thirds (65%) of B2B companies say they plan to increase their marketing technology budget in the near future, according to a recent report from Informatica, Dun & Bradstreet, and ...
How Much Do Public Companies Spend on Marketing and Sales? [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiThe proportion of annual revenue that companies spend on marketing and sales varies widely by industry and strategy, according to a recent report from Vital.
The Top US Advertisers Last YearAyaz NanjiMajor marketers increased their 2014 US ad spend by just 2% in 2014, according to Advertising Age’s annual report on the nation’s top advertisers.
How CMOs Feel About the Year AheadAyaz NanjiChief marketing officers are optimistic about the United States economy and expect budgets to increase significantly this year, according to a recent report from the CMO Survey.
Brands Are Using Fewer Marketing AgenciesAyaz NanjiSome 62% of brand marketers say they use two or more marketing agencies to support their business, a 13 percentage point decrease from 2009, when 75% said they used two ...
2015 Digital Marketing Budgets: Top Priorities, Metrics, and ChallengesAyaz NanjiSome 84% of global marketers plan to increase or maintain their digital marketing spend in 2015, according to a recent report from Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
B2B Content Marketing Trends for 2015 [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWhat does the next year hold for B2B content marketing?
Retail Marketers' Top Digital ChannelsAyaz NanjiSome 41% of retail marketers say they have spent more on social media marketing this year than last year, according to a recent report from Extole.
Marketing Budgets: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Toward the Product-Centric Future: Mike Troiano Talks About Advertising and Branding on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOver the last 100 years, a business culture emerged based on mass production, mass consumption, and mass advertising in print and, especially, on television. Now, the media landscape is undergoing an unprecedented technical revolution—and highlighting a critical weakness at the ...
Marketing Budgets: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Use Metrics to Achieve Greater Results From Your Next ExhibitBroadcast on 10/16/2014 with Joe FederbushIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how exhibitors, regardless of size or budget, can develop and execute an effective and strategic event marketing measurement strategy. You'll learn how to use the right tools to justify your event's budget, and take away tried-and-true tips such as how to calculate the optimal booth size and number of personnel needed to achieve maximum results.
- MarketingProfs University: Campaign Planning and Management FundamentalsBroadcast on 11/1/2012 with Jon MillerIn this PRO seminar, we will go over the basics of campaign planning and management to help you create the framework for a successful campaign.
- Demolish the Roadblocks on Your Website: Clearing a Path for Customer Action, Sales and LoyaltyBroadcast on 1/21/2010 with Gerry McGovernTraditional marketing is about getting attention. Web marketing is about giving attention. There’s a world of difference between the two.
- When the Budget Axe Falls: What to Cut, What to Keep, What to GrowBroadcast on 3/12/2009 with Pat LaPointeIf you need to know how to make smarter cuts to preserve strength and flexibility while meeting the near-term need, check out our upcoming online seminar ...
- Small Business Series: How to Advertise on a Modest BudgetBroadcast on 10/19/2007 with Michael GoodmanMichael Goodman has been responsible for annual advertising budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars, in consumer, B2B, services, information, entertainment and not-for-profit situations. He’s learned advertising from recognized masters of the craft, and stumbled across some truths on his own.
- Small Business Series: Budgeting for the Marketing MixBroadcast on 9/14/2007 with Michael GoodmanIn this seminar, we'll deal with some of the most common questions asked by entrepreneurs and small business marketers: How much should we spend on marketing? Is it a percentage of sales? How do we get benchmarks for our industry? How do we know if we're over-spending, under-spending, or right on the money?
- Search Marketing Essentials for Online RetailersBroadcast on 2/8/2007 with Stephan Spencer, George MichieStephan Spencer and George Michie will share their expertise and tips for advanced search marketing, specific to the unique challenges that e-commerce marketers face.
- Best Direct Marketing Strategies for B-to-BBroadcast on 4/13/2006 with Ruth StevensPresenter: Ruth Stevens is author of Trade Show and Event Marketing: Plan, Promote and Profit and The DMA Lead Generation Handbook.
- CFO vs. CMO Smackdown: How to Win the Budget BattlesBroadcast on 8/4/2005 with Guy PowellThis seminar will teach you how to monetize your conversation with the CFO and CEO so that you can prove your case, win and expand your budgets, and deliver real business impact.
- Marketing Metrics: Linking Marketing to Financial ConsequencesBroadcast on 5/5/2005 with Professor David ReibsteinThis seminar will show you how to connect marketing spending to its financial consequences of marketing spending, and to not be satisfied with the connection to interim marketing metrics.
Marketing Budgets: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Prioritize and Budget for Your Online ActivitiesReleased on 2/18/2011 with Michael MillerThis 10-minute webcast gives a quick rundown of the top online marketing activities, then helps you decide which ones your business should use.
Marketing Budgets: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- Benchmark Research: Marketing in the Economic CrisisThese economic times have everyone concerned and asking, "How does this effect marketing?". Well we surveyed our very own members to help give marketers a sense of how others are dealing and adapting to these tough times.
- Email Marketing Benchmark Report 2008This 150-page Email Benchmark Report 2008 was developed by surveying our very own MarketingProfs members. Find out what the competition is doing so your 2009 email marketing budget makes sense!
- B-to-B Marketing in 2008: Trends in Strategies and SpendingMarketingProfs research provides B2B marketers guidance for making budget and media mix allocations by exploring the issues and emerging trends in 2008.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Avoiding Key PitfallsLet's face it, more small businesses fail than succeed. Make sure yours is one of the winners with this guide to getting your small business off the ground and solidly on the road to success.
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.