Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Data-Driven Marketing: Top Objectives and ChallengesAyaz NanjiBusinesses are increasingly incorporating data into their marketing efforts in order to create more personalized customer experiences and better measure ROI, according to a recent report from Ascend2.
Cyber Monday Deal: 50% Off Market Leadership! How to Convince Your CEO Skimping on Marketing Talent Is No BargainLaura PattersonOne-click Cyber Monday-like shopping to achieve market leadership—and get a huge discount on marketing talent to boot? Oddly, some CEOs think it's possible. Here's how to disabuse them of the ...
The 50 Most Influential CMOsAyaz NanjiPhil Schiller, SVP of Marketing at Apple, is the most influential head marketer in the world for the fourth year in a row, according to a recent report from Forbes, ...
Book Marketing Basics: Advice for AuthorsMegan MorrisonWant to get your next book not merely published and reviewed but actually sold? Marketing plays a key role in that goal. But, you don't have to be a marketing ...
#SocialSkim: How the #ParisAttacks Played Out on Social, Plus 13 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadIt was a rough week. Read about Facebook's role in the aftermath of the Paris attacks and its plans to build a competitor to Kickstarter. Also: Google is building a ...
Learn From Casinos: Multicultural Marketing to Tap America's Growth MarketsLuba TolkachyovCasinos have tapped into ethnic markets, but they aren't the only businesses that can benefit from doing so. Here are four things you should consider when driving growth through multicultural ...
The Top 10 Books Recommended by Fortune 500 CEOsAyaz NanjiGood to Great, the management study by Jim Collins about companies that perform better than their peers, is the most recommended book by Fortune 500 CEOs, according to a recent ...
Content Marketing and Reluctant Executives: How to Get Buy-In... and Participation!Natalie BlackWhether big fuzzy teddy bears or utter dictators, executives operate under the same prime directive: Make money for the company. Once you can see the world from their eyes, you ...
Create Snackable Content for Your Mobile Customers [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiSnackable content is perfect for on-the-go consumption. Check out these ideas for creating bite-size content for mobile users.
How to Create and Document a Content Marketing Strategy in Eight StepsJennifer SmoldtHaving a documented content strategy is critical for effectiveness—now more than ever. Why? Because digital and social marketing have amplified the need: More Channels = More Content = More Complexity.
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
You Don't Market, You Create Reactions: Jon Taffer of Spike TV's 'Bar Rescue' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJon Taffer, host of Spike TV's "Bar Rescue," rocks Marketing Smarts, sharing insights about branding and promotion based on his 30 years of experience making bars and restaurants profitable.
How Fulfillment Giant Pitney Bowes Is Powering Modern Marketing: Grant Miller on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHow does a postage meter company thrive in the era of digital marketing? By powering location technology for Twitter, for one. Grant Miller of Pitney Bowes shares the company's agile development philosophy—and more.
Fun and Games (and Marketing): Loaded Questions' Eric Poses on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEric Poses, creator of the game "Loaded Questions," talks game marketing, social media, crowdfunding, and more.
Focus, Leadership, and Squirrels: Think Big, Act Bigger Author Jeffrey Hayzlett on the 200th Episode of Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTV host, author, and business celebrity Jeffrey Hayzlett shares insights from his latest book, Think Big, Act Bigger: The Rewards of Being Relentless.
The Golden Age of B2B Marketing: Peter Isaacson of Demandbase on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDemandbase Chief Marketing Officer Peter Isaacson discusses the "golden age of B2B marketing," how to measure success, and using account-based marketing to increase revenue.
Sharing: You're Doing It Wrong. 'Shareology' Author Bryan Kramer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSocial business strategist and bestselling author Bryan Kramer discusses the science and the art of sharing, and how to use it to make your content more valuable (and shareable),
How to Go Beyond Just Telling Your Brand Story: Christian Lachel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChristian Lachel shares his secrets to building lasting customer relationships through emotionally evocative brand experiences that increase loyalty and drive revenue. He and his team at BRC Imagination Arts have created some of the world's most memorable brand experiences.
Win With Mobile Games: Kevin Bachus of Dave & Buster's on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKevin Bachus, co-creator of the Xbox, senior VP of entertainment and games strategy at Dave & Buster's, discusses how the company uses mobile games to stay connected with customers between visits.
How to Keep Your Marketing Legal: Attorney Sara Hawkins on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAttorneys Sara F. Hawkins and Kerry O'Shea Gorgone discuss the latest tips from the FTC on how brands and bloggers should legally disclose sponsored content and run promotions.
Why Millennials Ignore Your Marketing (and How to Fix That): Matt Britton on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMillennials are masters at tuning out marketing messages, but you can connect with this elusive demographic: You just need a different approach. YouthNation author Matt Britton explains how to engage today's youth.
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Presentation Revolution: Build, Design, and Deliver Compelling PresentationsBroadcast on 11/19/2015 with Scott SchwertlyIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn presentation secrets to help you build, design, and deliver fire-breathing, wing-flapping, roar-bellowing presentations that will have your audience hanging on your every word. We'll walk you through a step-by-step approach focusing on engrossing content, captivating storytelling, and the arresting design needed to deliver a top-notch presentation.
- The Recipe for an Integrated Approach to Event MarketingBroadcast on 11/12/2015 with Allison SagetIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the recipe for event success: brand recognition, lead generation, and thought leadership. You'll be able to use this framework to help your company get the most out of events and achieve your business objectives.
- Empower Your Employees to Be Brand AdvocatesBroadcast on 11/5/2015 with Tom GimbelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to find outgoing, enthusiastic brand advocates within your existing employee base. You'll leave armed with data proving the worth of employee advocacy and the steps to build your own program.
- Social Media and SEO: Tips for Successful IntegrationBroadcast on 10/29/2015 with Cynthia JohnsonDuring this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to integrate social media into your digital marketing efforts and make it work for your SEO strategy. You'll learn which KPIs you should focus on the most and tactics to track and measure your efforts. We'll also discuss the important factors to take into account when applying these principles to mobile.
- MarketingProfs University: The Blueprint for Email Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 10/8/2015 with Karen TalaveraIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the components of a successful email marketing plan and gain an understanding of the rationale behind the must-have message types, hierarchies, and priorities. You'll leave with a blueprint that will enable you to effectively map and improve your own messaging.
- Creating Trustworthy ContentBroadcast on 10/1/2015 with Gerry McGovernIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create an online customer experience that's based on trust. You'll walk away knowing how to create trustworthy content and armed with a solid understanding of guidelines for creating no-fluff content that your customers will use and believe in.
- Smarketing—What It Is and Why You Need to Master ItBroadcast on 9/24/2015 with Peter StrohkorbIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the recent phenomenon of smarketing: sales and marketing working together to be competitive in the new buyer's journey. We'll share examples of highly collaborative companies that have applied smarketing and the role it played in their success. You'll leave with actionable advice on how you can introduce this concept to your organization and an understanding of the benefits it can offer.
- Case Study: Reframe Your Media Strategy to Identify and Engage New AudiencesBroadcast on 7/16/2015 with Alyssa Hall, Emily VidettoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain how GAF Roofing redefined their media and branding strategy to engage a new audience and re-engage their traditional audiences through social, PR, television, video, and more. You'll learn how to tailor your approach to capture the attention of a shifting customer base as well as gain insight on how to update both your messaging and media to increase loyalty and engagement.
- Capturing Customers: How to Transition From Product Promoters to Trusted AdvisersBroadcast on 6/18/2015 with Carla JohnsonIn this PRO seminar, we'll talk about why marketers need to change their approach to capture and keep buyer attention. You'll learn how to transition your marketing from being product-centered into thought leadership centered, and ultimately, how to establish yourself as a trusted adviser within your industry. We'll also share the tactics that the best B2B brands are using to do exactly this.
- Turn Marketing Technology Into a Competitive AdvantageBroadcast on 6/4/2015 with Scott BrinkerIn this PRO seminar, you'll receive an overview of the current state of the marketing technology landscape and we'll discuss the principles by which you can harness it as a competitive advantage. You'll walk away with a better understanding of the intersection between marketing and technology, and gain tips to build a better relationship between marketing and IT.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Make the Most of Pinterest—How to Harness the Power of Pins for Real ROIReleased on 11/20/2015 with Dana KellyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through Pinterest's content best practices and share effective content distribution tactics. You'll learn which content trends can help drive growth in your own Pinterest community. We'll give you the tools and tips you need to achieve positive ROI from your Pinterest efforts.
- Take 10: Your Guide to Quick and Easy Social Media ImagesReleased on 11/6/2015 with Cynthia SanchezIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how easy and inexpensive it can be to make images that will help your social media stand out and get the right kind of attention. We'll shed light onto the tools available to you and share tips to help you get started right away.
- Take 10: How to Successfully Describe Your ServicesReleased on 10/23/2015 with Gillian ValleeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to craft a top-notch services description that can help you win more business.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: Five Keys to a Better Direct Mail ListReleased on 8/21/2015 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the different types of prospect lists available as well as tips to help you select the right list to reach new customers. You'll also learn how to enhance and segment your existing marketing data to drive better results from your direct mail campaign.
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: Seven Steps to Social Media Marketing SuccessReleased on 7/24/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through seven steps to creating an effective social media strategy. You'll learn how to incorporate the needs of your customer, align your tactics with your business goals and objectives, integrate other marketing initiatives, and determine the ROI of your social media marketing efforts.
- Take 10: How to Beat the Weekly Deadline Blues (and Get Ahead!)Released on 5/1/2015 with Roger C. ParkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to map out your editorial calendar for the year with 12 easy, monthly decisions instead of 52 weekly decisions. With the innovative ideas and tips covered in this Take 10, you'll be able to effortlessly manage your daily and weekly marketing activities.
- Take 10: How to Create a Social Media Listening StrategyReleased on 3/13/2015 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a social media listening strategy that will jumpstart your social monitoring efforts, find conversations you can engage in, and help you to better identify prospective customers and industry thought leaders.
- Take 10: The 10 Web Marketing Areas You Need to Focus on NowReleased on 1/9/2015 with Stoney deGeyterIn just 10 minutes, we'll identify the top 10 online marketing areas you should be focusing on, and provide you with three action items for each. With your top 10 list and actionable to-dos in hand, you can eliminate the less impactful projects, and hone your time, money, and energy on what really matters and gives you the best ROI.
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Post-Mobilegeddon Survival GuideThis 24-page guide will teach you how to optimize your website for mobile so that your home base can be badged "mobile friendly" and earn the search rank it deserves.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Marketing Automation SuccessIn this 24-page guide, you'll learn step-by-step what to do to effectively plan, prepare, implement, assess, and improve your marketing automation program for optimal results.
- The Three Cs of Successful PositioningIn this 15-page guide, you'll learn how to research the three Cs, their importance, and their impact on the positioning process. Just as positioning is the foundation for successful marketing, understanding the three Cs is the foundation for a positioning strategy that will set you apart from your competitors.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Marketing Strategy GuideThis Guide explores the three stages of effective marketing, and how you can determine which approaches will give you the greatest bang for your buck.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.