Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Do Your New Products Have Real Competitive Advantages?Rick SteinbrennerHow can you make sure your new product programs have the right kinds of competitive advantage? You need to think big—and "outside the box." So follow these steps for ...
The Most Effective Paid Digital Media Channel in 2Q14Ayaz NanjiSocial media was the most effective online paid channel for driving impressions, clicks, and conversions at a low cost in the second quarter of 2014, according to a recent report ...
#SocialSkim: Instagram's Spinoff, Facebook's Latest Ad Offering, the Feds and Twitter, More!Angela NatividadGet the scoop on Instagram's new spinoff app Hyperlapse, Twitter's plans to send agencies to #FlightSchool, Facebook's latest ad offering, and why the Feds are watching tweets way more closely ...
Marketers' Perceptions of Real-Time Marketing [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiSome 88% of marketers say real-time marketing is important in 2014, according to a recent survey. So, why is it important? And how are marketers using real-time marketing?
How to Close the Gap Between Sales and MarketingDavid Meerman ScottMost sales and marketing teams continue to operate out of alignment. They questions each other's skills and commitment to the job. They fight over the quality of the leads. But ...
B2B Inbound Marketing Snapshot: Top Goals, Tactics, and ChallengesAyaz NanjiB2B inbound marketers say their top objectives for the year ahead are to boost conversion rates and improve the quality of leads, according to a recent poll conducted by Ascend2.
Top Acquisitions of the Biggest Tech Companies [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWhich companies are the biggest spenders in tech acquisitions? Here's a look at significant tech acquisitions through the years and how those purchases affected business.
Mobile SEM: Vital for Mobile Marketing and Your Online SuccessLeonard TanYoung and old alike have their eyes glued to their mobile phones. Some companies haven't caught on yet that this new behavior is an important marketing opportunity. Here's how you ...
The State of Chief Marketers in 2014Ayaz NanjiChief marketers are optimistic about the current business environment; they also believe they can achieve senior management’s goals this year, according to a recent report from the CMO Council.
Pinterest for E-Commerce [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWant to create more engagement with your audience? Consider using Pinterest. The online pinning board is becoming a major sales tool for marketers.
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Finding Your Niche With 'Fractal Marketing': Andrew Davis Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing expert and bestselling author Andrew Davis talks about niche marketing, brand partnerships, and ways nonprofits can get free marketing advice.
Smart Hiring and Quality Content: C.C. Chapman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing expert and frequent speaker C.C. Chapman, co-author of Content Rules and 101 Steps to Making Videos Like a Pro, shares tips for creating quality video content and hiring (and keeping) the best creative talent.
Choosing the Right Marketing Software: Rebecca Lieb Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAltimeter Group analyst and digital marketing expert Rebecca Lieb shares insights from a recent report on marketing software vendors, and offers tips for choosing a solution that supports your company's content strategy.
Social Media Engagement: Kim Garst and Nathan Latka, at Social Fresh, Talk to Marketing Smarts[Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketingProfs' Kerry O'Shea Gorgone interviews Kim Garst of Boom Social and Nathan Latka of Heyo onsite at the Social Fresh East conference in Orlando, Florida.
The Mobile Commerce Revolution: Tim Hayden Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTim Hayden, co-author of the forthcoming book The Mobile Commerce Revolution, shares insights into consumer behavior, how mobile affects that behavior, and how marketers can embrace the seismic shift that mobile represents.
Brand Attachment: Larry Vincent Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLarry Vincent, founder and executive director of The Brand Studio at United Talent Agency, discusses brand attachment, including how marketers can use it to predict buying behavior.
The Digital Crown: Author Ahava Leibtag Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent strategy expert and author Ahava Leibtag shares practical tips for helping your organization develop a content marketing strategy.
The Digital Marketer: Larry Weber and Lisa Henderson Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFrom native advertising and content strategy to how the C-Suite has evolved, Larry Weber and Lisa Henderson discuss what marketers need to know to stay relevant in their industry.
How to Make a Lasting Impression: 'Clarity Therapist' Steve Woodruff Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Clarity therapist" Steve Woodruff explains how you can break through the noise, help people to understand your business, and ensure that they remember what you do so that they can connect you with potential customers.
MOOCs for Marketing: Matt Grant Returns to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFormer Marketing Smarts host Matthew T. Grant returns to talk with Kerry O'Shea Gorgone about developing online courses as a form of content marketing for your business.
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Retrain Your Brain for Healthier MarketingBroadcast on 8/28/2014 with Lorrie Thomas RossIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the marketing concepts that set the tone for optimization, strategy, and most importantly, new behaviors that can directly impact your success. You'll receive a framework to begin the optimization process and set these new actions in motion, and learn simple changes that you can make to ensure your time and money aren't wasted, but invested.
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Mobile But Were Afraid to AskBroadcast on 7/10/2014 with Jamie TurnerIn this PRO seminar, we'll take a deeper dive into the world of mobile. We'll address some of the most frequently asked questions including how to get past the basics and take the next steps, how to measure the ROI of your campaigns, the most common mistakes made, and more.
- How to Use Twitter for Real Business ImpactBroadcast on 6/19/2014 with Laura FittonThis PRO seminar will take an in-depth look at how your business can source and nurture leads, build a community with real business impact, develop relationships with influencers and the media, and attract a very targeted, engaged following. You'll walk away with tactical tips, tools, and examples you can apply right away to put Twitter to work for your company.
- MarketingProfs University: Talk Savvy—Smart Communication for a Social WorldBroadcast on 6/12/2014 with Amber NaslundIn this PRO seminar, you'll get an insider's look at what's changed, find out what truly great online communication looks and feels like, and learn how to ensure you're "talk savvy" in today's constantly shifting social web.
- 10 Skills Every Marketer Needs to Enhance the Customer ExperienceBroadcast on 6/5/2014 with Larry Weber, Lisa Leslie HendersonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how customer experience leaders are using an expanded marketing toolkit to build a competitive advantage, one interaction at a time. You'll walk away with 10 skills that will help you provide a game-changing customer experience including analytics, marketing automation, website personalization, private and public social community building, and more.
- How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams on the Same Page to Meet Customer NeedsBroadcast on 5/22/2014 with John JantschIn this PRO seminar, veteran sales and marketing strategist John Jantsch will outline today's customer perspective and how to collaborate effectively with your sales team to adapt to your customers' changing needs.
- Using Buyer Personas to Make an Impact on Your Marketing ROIBroadcast on 5/15/2014 with Adele RevellaIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover a practical plan to ensure that your buyer personas have a direct, measurable impact on marketing ROI.
- 10 Keys to Creating a Winning Marketing ConceptBroadcast on 5/8/2014 with Martha GuidryIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the keys to marketing concept success. We'll examine real world examples to illustrate the challenges faced when creating marketing concepts, giving you a clear understanding of what an ownable positioning concept really is and setting you up to hit the ground running.
- Using Visual Stories to Create an Urge to ActBroadcast on 4/24/2014 with Andrew DavisThis PRO seminar will reveal the secrets to creating great video stories that actually drive revenue.
- Five Tips for Creating Email Subject Lines that Increase ConversionsBroadcast on 4/17/2014 with Kath PayIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss five tactical tips that will revolutionize how you write subject lines. You'll learn the secrets to writing compelling subject lines that can increase your conversions.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Six Keys to Creating a Successful Direct Mail Campaign PlanReleased on 8/8/2014 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six key points to address when developing a direct mail campaign plan. You'll walk away with the tactical tips and tools you need to increase your campaign's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Take 10: Day One With Marketing Automation, What to Do?Released on 8/1/2014 with Inga RomanoffIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn key steps for a full marketing automation migration, ensuring a quick and efficient installation. Learn how to design your own implementation plan, become an internal expert on the topic for your company, and demonstrate the true ROI of your marketing automation platform.
- Take 10: How to Create a Tactical Sales and Marketing Plan in Eight Hours or LessReleased on 7/18/2014 with James ObermayerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create your own SWOT analysis, and well-defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics. With this information, you'll be able to develop your own sales and marketing plan in 8 hours (or less!).
- Take 10: How to Create a Teaser VideoReleased on 6/20/2014 with Ken CossinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create excitement around your new product launch by producing a winning teaser video. You'll also learn how to promote your video pre- and post-release to ensure it gets viewed.
- Take 10: The Four Most Important Reports in Google AnalyticsReleased on 6/13/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which reports are most important, and how to use this information to assist you in future campaigns. You'll walk away with a better understanding of Google Analytics, and how to get the most out of your metrics and reporting.
- Take 10: How to Create Simple and Effective Video Presentations on a BudgetReleased on 5/2/2014 with Neil WalkerIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to create highly engaging screen presentation videos that are easy, inexpensive, and don't require you to be in front of the camera.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Use Direct Mail More EffectivelyReleased on 4/18/2014 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll look at the anatomy of a successful direct mail piece, dive into six reasons why direct mail is (still) effective, and show you how you to boost the ROI of your direct mail campaigns.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Find Creative Inspiration Outside the OfficeReleased on 4/4/2014 with Amy Marks-McGeeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three critical steps that will not only help you identify your brand's key values, but will allow you to develop these values into your brand's own unique musical vocabulary.
- Take 10: Three Simple Steps to Identify Your Buyer PersonasReleased on 3/28/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll take a look at some fun and effective ways to gain a deeper understanding of your audience (a.k.a. your "buyer personas"), and together, we will learn how to develop yours!
- Take 10: How to Strike a Balance Between Analytics and CreativityReleased on 3/14/2014 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the top two skills an artist and a scientist must possess and how they mesh together to deliver sales and profitability to your business.
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Marketing Strategy GuideThis Guide explores the three stages of effective marketing, and how you can determine which approaches will give you the greatest bang for your buck.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.