Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Holiday Longtail: Five Ways to Extend Your Holiday Marketing Into 2015 for Greater ResultsJay CalavasTo create long-term customer loyalty and profits, marketing professionals need to find a way to extend the yearend holidays' sales momentum into the New Year.
Email Marketers' Top Resolutions for 2015Ayaz NanjiMore than half (53%) of email marketers say getting higher click-through and interaction rates is their top priority for 2015, according to a recent report from Campaigner.
2015 Will Be the Year of Video MarketingTyler LessardFacts tell, but stories sell. And there is no better medium than video for storytelling. Here's what to expect from video marketing in 2015.
The State of B2B Event MarketingAyaz NanjiSome 91% of B2B marketers say they invested some budget in event marketing in 2014, according to a recent report from Regalix.
Why Coupons Rule as Marketing Tools [Infographic]Brian HoffmanOffering coupons this holiday season? Here's a look at last year's holiday coupon stats and reasons for offering coupons year-round.
Flip Your Media Plan: From Old-School Marketing to Digital in Three StepsSusan SolomonChanges are coming, actually more quickly than they have in decades. Even for old-school industries, it's time to make important shifts in strategy—to rethink marketing and flip our media plans ...
The Evolving Sales FunnelAlessandra CeresaThere is a lot of talk about the death of the sales funnel, but I disagree. The sales funnel is very much alive; it has, however, evolved.
Marketers Are Failing to Connect TV Ads With Web HomepagesAyaz NanjiOnly 20% of US television advertisers clearly showcase on their websites the products they promote on-air, according to a recent report from wywy.
29 Must-Read Content Marketing Articles of 2014Larry KimAs you prepare your content marketing strategy for the coming year (and you are preparing one, right?), keep these awesome expert tips and nuggets of valuable advice in mind.
#SocialSkim: Tumblr Buys In on 'Buy Now,' Twitter's 'Offers' Takes on Discounts, Thanksgiving Vines Galore, and More!Angela NatividadGet the week’s scoop on new Tumblr CTAs, discounts via Twitter Offers, Thanksgiving Vines, and Hemingway in 15 seconds. Skim for your second tryptophan high (or is it low?)!
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Marketing Smarts Special: Mistakes Marketers Make and Lessons From Industry Experts [Podcast]by Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea GorgoneWhat's the biggest mistake marketers make? 15 marketing experts answer this question, sharing stories and advice in this special yearend episode.
Chicken a la Marketing: A Conversation With Author Mitzi Perdue for Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Mitzi Perdue, wife of the late Frank Perdue, shares business and leadership lessons from the way Frank grew a father/son business into a major brand.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
Growing a Global Brand Community: Dell Software's Dave Hansen Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGet insight into how big brands manage their communities, and learn secrets for making the most of channel partner relationships... from Dave Hansen, Dell Software global vice-president and general manager of sales, marketing, and services.
From B2C and B2B to H2H (Human to Human): Bryan Kramer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneB2B and B2C marketers both need to create marketing communications that speak H2H (human to human). Social strategist and author Bryan Kramer shares a communication framework all marketers can use.
The Marketing Performance Blueprint: PR 20/20 Founder Paul Roetzer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePaul Roetzer—founder of inbound marketing agency PR 20/20, author of The Marketing Agency Blueprint—shares tips for smart staffing and measuring marketing results from his latest book, The Marketing Performance Blueprint.
The Future of Enterprise Marketing: Sysomos SVP Amber Naslund Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSysomos SVP of Marketing Amber Naslund shares insights about enterprise marketing, the importance of corporate culture, cultivating brand advocates, and more.
Omnichannel Marketing for Brands: Mark Schaefer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and author Mark W. Schaefer discusses omnichannel marketing for brands, content shock, Big Data, and more.
Making Connections in B2B Marketing: Uthpala Kumara Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAviation and hospitality industry marketer Uthpala Kumara of JKCS offers insights into building relationships in B2B industries with long, complex buying cycles.
The New Rules of Sales and Service: David Meerman Scott Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author, speaker, and marketing expert David Meerman Scott discusses the radical change underway in sales and customer service, and shares tips for how businesses can succeed under these new rules.
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: Customers Trump Analytics—Why Email Marketing Is About People, Not MetricsBroadcast on 12/4/2014 with Michael BarberIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the latest email trends and research, and dive into specific examples of email branding, acquisition, loyalty, and retention strategies. You'll learn how to maximize the return on your efforts through improved writing techniques, a deeper understanding of user groups and behaviors, and much more!
- How to Lead the Mindful Marketing RevolutionBroadcast on 11/13/2014 with Lisa NirellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how today's marketing revolutionaries have learned to stop, breathe, and reflect on the more human side of marketing to generate new opportunities and transform customer relationships.
- MarketingProfs University: Capitalize on the Content Marketing ObsessionBroadcast on 10/2/2014 with Ginger ConlonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the core elements of a lucrative content strategy so you can successfully capitalize on the current content marketing obsession.
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Growth HackingBroadcast on 9/11/2014 with Sean EllisIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to align your team and resources to take advantage of the new opportunities that come through growth hacking, as well as how you can put these strategies to work for your business. From finding new areas of opportunity to give you a leg up on your competition, to doubling down on successful channels, you'll walk away with a growth hacking framework that will help energize your marketing and find new wins for your business.
- Retrain Your Brain for Healthier MarketingBroadcast on 8/28/2014 with Lorrie Thomas RossIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the marketing concepts that set the tone for optimization, strategy, and most importantly, new behaviors that can directly impact your success. You'll receive a framework to begin the optimization process and set these new actions in motion, and learn simple changes that you can make to ensure your time and money aren't wasted, but invested.
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Mobile But Were Afraid to AskBroadcast on 7/10/2014 with Jamie TurnerIn this PRO seminar, we'll take a deeper dive into the world of mobile. We'll address some of the most frequently asked questions including how to get past the basics and take the next steps, how to measure the ROI of your campaigns, the most common mistakes made, and more.
- How to Use Twitter for Real Business ImpactBroadcast on 6/19/2014 with Laura FittonThis PRO seminar will take an in-depth look at how your business can source and nurture leads, build a community with real business impact, develop relationships with influencers and the media, and attract a very targeted, engaged following. You'll walk away with tactical tips, tools, and examples you can apply right away to put Twitter to work for your company.
- MarketingProfs University: Talk Savvy—Smart Communication for a Social WorldBroadcast on 6/12/2014 with Amber NaslundIn this PRO seminar, you'll get an insider's look at what's changed, find out what truly great online communication looks and feels like, and learn how to ensure you're "talk savvy" in today's constantly shifting social web.
- 10 Skills Every Marketer Needs to Enhance the Customer ExperienceBroadcast on 6/5/2014 with Larry Weber, Lisa Leslie HendersonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how customer experience leaders are using an expanded marketing toolkit to build a competitive advantage, one interaction at a time. You'll walk away with 10 skills that will help you provide a game-changing customer experience including analytics, marketing automation, website personalization, private and public social community building, and more.
- How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams on the Same Page to Meet Customer NeedsBroadcast on 5/22/2014 with John JantschIn this PRO seminar, veteran sales and marketing strategist John Jantsch will outline today's customer perspective and how to collaborate effectively with your sales team to adapt to your customers' changing needs.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Six Keys to Creating a Successful Direct Mail Campaign PlanReleased on 8/8/2014 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six key points to address when developing a direct mail campaign plan. You'll walk away with the tactical tips and tools you need to increase your campaign's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Take 10: Day One With Marketing Automation, What to Do?Released on 8/1/2014 with Inga RomanoffIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn key steps for a full marketing automation migration, ensuring a quick and efficient installation. Learn how to design your own implementation plan, become an internal expert on the topic for your company, and demonstrate the true ROI of your marketing automation platform.
- Take 10: How to Create a Tactical Sales and Marketing Plan in Eight Hours or LessReleased on 7/18/2014 with James ObermayerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create your own SWOT analysis, and well-defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics. With this information, you'll be able to develop your own sales and marketing plan in 8 hours (or less!).
- Take 10: How to Create a Teaser VideoReleased on 6/20/2014 with Ken CossinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create excitement around your new product launch by producing a winning teaser video. You'll also learn how to promote your video pre- and post-release to ensure it gets viewed.
- Take 10: The Four Most Important Reports in Google AnalyticsReleased on 6/13/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which reports are most important, and how to use this information to assist you in future campaigns. You'll walk away with a better understanding of Google Analytics, and how to get the most out of your metrics and reporting.
- Take 10: How to Create Simple and Effective Video Presentations on a BudgetReleased on 5/2/2014 with Neil WalkerIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to create highly engaging screen presentation videos that are easy, inexpensive, and don't require you to be in front of the camera.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Use Direct Mail More EffectivelyReleased on 4/18/2014 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll look at the anatomy of a successful direct mail piece, dive into six reasons why direct mail is (still) effective, and show you how you to boost the ROI of your direct mail campaigns.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Find Creative Inspiration Outside the OfficeReleased on 4/4/2014 with Amy Marks-McGeeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three critical steps that will not only help you identify your brand's key values, but will allow you to develop these values into your brand's own unique musical vocabulary.
- Take 10: Three Simple Steps to Identify Your Buyer PersonasReleased on 3/28/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll take a look at some fun and effective ways to gain a deeper understanding of your audience (a.k.a. your "buyer personas"), and together, we will learn how to develop yours!
- Take 10: How to Strike a Balance Between Analytics and CreativityReleased on 3/14/2014 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the top two skills an artist and a scientist must possess and how they mesh together to deliver sales and profitability to your business.
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Marketing Strategy GuideThis Guide explores the three stages of effective marketing, and how you can determine which approaches will give you the greatest bang for your buck.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.