Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Tweets in Search Results, Cinematic Pins, Plus More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadTwitter and Google partner up, and Pinterest unleashes a blitz of new ad offerings that grab the eye—and marketing dollars. We'll also tell you about Facebook's possible plans to integrate ...
How to Test Your Email Campaign [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTest your emails to find out the best way to engage your subscribers and develop your email channel.
Three Places to Connect With Consumers on Mobile [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiA whopping 94% of SMB owners use smartphones to conduct business. Check out these tips for reaching them with the right content in the right place.
The Key to Successful Positioning: '3 Cs' ResearchLawson AbinantiPositioning shouldn't be left to chance. Unless you do your research, your message to the market has almost no chance of getting through and hitting the mark. Here's what you ...
The Four Principles of a Better Digital BriefJeff RoachAs we continue to ask for more an more of our digital campaigns and products, we need to look at where it all starts—with the digital brief. But most briefs ...
A Six-Step Guide to Programmatic Direct [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiProgrammatic direct is expected to account for over 40% of all programmatic advertising spend by 2016. Here's a quick overview of this automatic purchasing process.
How to Become a Pinterest Warrior and Vanquish the Competition [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAbout 70 million users are on Pinterest. To reach them, you need to create a Pinterest content strategy.
#SocialSkim: Emoji Hashtags, How Buzzfeed Stays Sticky, Plus 11 More Stories in This Week's Roundup!Angela NatividadEven quiet weeks in social can hide big news. Find out how many people joined Periscope in its first 10 days and how well Twitter did in Q1. Also: the ...
How Survey Research Can Aid in PR and Marketing PlanningLynda B. StarrLearn when conducting a survey is appropriate, get tips on survey design, and understand how to incorporate survey results into PR and marketing activities.
Step-by-Step Directions for Writing Your Next Piece of Content [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiEverybody writes, but not everybody who writes gets to his or her intended destination. To help content marketers find their way, best-selling author Ann Handley offers this writing GPS.
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Mastering the Content Code: Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, speaker, and educator Mark Schaefer discusses his latest book, The Content Code, and shares secrets for igniting your content so you can break through the deafening noise and achieve marketing success.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
Uplifting Instagram Marketing: Soffe Apparel's Paul Anderson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSoffe Apparel's director of marketing, Paul Anderson, explains the research and strategy behind the company's rebranding and its targeted use of social channels such as Instagram to energize audiences.
Social Media for Executives: Charlene Li on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor and Altimeter founder and CEO Charlene Li explains why and how executives should use social media to engage with their employees, their customers, and their brands' larger audiences.
Use Data, Experiences to Create Lifetime Customers: Sitecore's Lars Petersen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLars Birkholm Petersen, author and global director of business optimization services at Sitecore, explains how brands can use data to create connected customer experiences across channels. He shares insights from the book Connect: How to Use Data and Experience Marketing ...
Innovation in Marketing: Ford's Angie Kozleski Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFord Motor Company's global marketing and digital communications manager, Angie Kozleski, discusses Ford's approach to influence marketing, blogger outreach, event marketing, and social media.
Turn Customers Into Zombie Loyalists: Peter Shankman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor and entrepreneur Peter Shankman discusses his book, Zombie Loyalists, and the surprisingly simple approach that turns customers into loyal, passionate brand advocates.
Marketing Smarts Special: Mistakes Marketers Make and Lessons From Industry Experts [Podcast]by Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea GorgoneWhat's the biggest mistake marketers make? 15 marketing experts answer this question, sharing stories and advice in this special yearend episode.
Chicken a la Marketing: A Conversation With Author Mitzi Perdue for Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Mitzi Perdue, wife of the late Frank Perdue, shares business and leadership lessons from the way Frank grew a father/son business into a major brand.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Build a Successful Content Marketing PlanBroadcast on 4/23/2015 with Michael BrennerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the key factors for content marketing success and the core components of a content marketing strategy. You'll leave with some advanced tactics you can implement immediately to help you stand out and achieve success from your content marketing.
- How to Build a Comprehensive Social Media StrategyBroadcast on 4/2/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to craft a well-planned social media engagement strategy that best fits your organization's goals and the needs of your target customers. You'll also learn how to develop metrics to help gauge and improve success over time, and the importance of regularly reviewing your strategy.
- How to Integrate Your Brand's Story Into Your Marketing ArsenalBroadcast on 2/5/2015 with Jennifer KaneIn this PRO seminar, we'll move beyond the hype of storytelling and share the essential components of all good stories. You'll receive hands-on, practical advice on what to do after your story is developed and how to strategically weave it into your content marketing plan. We'll also discuss best practices on how to publish and distribute your story to increase audience engagement and improve your ROI.
- Make Something People LoveBroadcast on 1/22/2015 with Alexis OhanianIn this PRO seminar, Alexis will share personal lessons learned from co-founding reddit, the world's largest platform for online communities. He'll discuss how he built hipmunk (a travel search comparison tool) in a crowded industry, and created Breadpig, a thriving community to support creatives in the age of crowdfunding—all with next to no marketing budget.
- MarketingProfs University: Customers Trump Analytics—Why Email Marketing Is About People, Not MetricsBroadcast on 12/4/2014 with Michael BarberIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the latest email trends and research, and dive into specific examples of email branding, acquisition, loyalty, and retention strategies. You'll learn how to maximize the return on your efforts through improved writing techniques, a deeper understanding of user groups and behaviors, and much more!
- How to Lead the Mindful Marketing RevolutionBroadcast on 11/13/2014 with Lisa NirellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how today's marketing revolutionaries have learned to stop, breathe, and reflect on the more human side of marketing to generate new opportunities and transform customer relationships.
- MarketingProfs University: Capitalize on the Content Marketing ObsessionBroadcast on 10/2/2014 with Ginger ConlonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the core elements of a lucrative content strategy so you can successfully capitalize on the current content marketing obsession.
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Growth HackingBroadcast on 9/11/2014 with Sean EllisIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to align your team and resources to take advantage of the new opportunities that come through growth hacking, as well as how you can put these strategies to work for your business. From finding new areas of opportunity to give you a leg up on your competition, to doubling down on successful channels, you'll walk away with a growth hacking framework that will help energize your marketing and find new wins for your business.
- Retrain Your Brain for Healthier MarketingBroadcast on 8/28/2014 with Lorrie Thomas RossIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the marketing concepts that set the tone for optimization, strategy, and most importantly, new behaviors that can directly impact your success. You'll receive a framework to begin the optimization process and set these new actions in motion, and learn simple changes that you can make to ensure your time and money aren't wasted, but invested.
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Mobile But Were Afraid to AskBroadcast on 7/10/2014 with Jamie TurnerIn this PRO seminar, we'll take a deeper dive into the world of mobile. We'll address some of the most frequently asked questions including how to get past the basics and take the next steps, how to measure the ROI of your campaigns, the most common mistakes made, and more.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Beat the Weekly Deadline Blues (and Get Ahead!)Released on 5/1/2015 with Roger C. ParkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to map out your editorial calendar for the year with 12 easy, monthly decisions instead of 52 weekly decisions. With the innovative ideas and tips covered in this Take 10, you'll be able to effortlessly manage your daily and weekly marketing activities.
- Take 10: How to Create a Social Media Listening StrategyReleased on 3/13/2015 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a social media listening strategy that will jumpstart your social monitoring efforts, find conversations you can engage in, and help you to better identify prospective customers and industry thought leaders.
- Take 10: The 10 Web Marketing Areas You Need to Focus on NowReleased on 1/9/2015 with Stoney deGeyterIn just 10 minutes, we'll identify the top 10 online marketing areas you should be focusing on, and provide you with three action items for each. With your top 10 list and actionable to-dos in hand, you can eliminate the less impactful projects, and hone your time, money, and energy on what really matters and gives you the best ROI.
- Take 10: How to Develop a Dynamic Creative Briefing DocumentReleased on 1/2/2015 with R. Stephen RayfieldIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the key components of a creative briefing document. You'll be able to take what you learned and develop a document that provides solid direction and parameters to your agency, internal marketing communications team, and/or any other group that has a hand in developing your product or brand campaign.
- Take 10: Six Keys to Creating a Successful Direct Mail Campaign PlanReleased on 8/8/2014 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six key points to address when developing a direct mail campaign plan. You'll walk away with the tactical tips and tools you need to increase your campaign's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Take 10: Day One With Marketing Automation, What to Do?Released on 8/1/2014 with Inga RomanoffIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn key steps for a full marketing automation migration, ensuring a quick and efficient installation. Learn how to design your own implementation plan, become an internal expert on the topic for your company, and demonstrate the true ROI of your marketing automation platform.
- Take 10: How to Create a Tactical Sales and Marketing Plan in Eight Hours or LessReleased on 7/18/2014 with James ObermayerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create your own SWOT analysis, and well-defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics. With this information, you'll be able to develop your own sales and marketing plan in 8 hours (or less!).
- Take 10: How to Create a Teaser VideoReleased on 6/20/2014 with Ken CossinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create excitement around your new product launch by producing a winning teaser video. You'll also learn how to promote your video pre- and post-release to ensure it gets viewed.
- Take 10: The Four Most Important Reports in Google AnalyticsReleased on 6/13/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which reports are most important, and how to use this information to assist you in future campaigns. You'll walk away with a better understanding of Google Analytics, and how to get the most out of your metrics and reporting.
- Take 10: How to Create Simple and Effective Video Presentations on a BudgetReleased on 5/2/2014 with Neil WalkerIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to create highly engaging screen presentation videos that are easy, inexpensive, and don't require you to be in front of the camera.
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Marketing Automation SuccessIn this 24-page guide, you'll learn step-by-step what to do to effectively plan, prepare, implement, assess, and improve your marketing automation program for optimal results.
- The Three Cs of Successful PositioningIn this 15-page guide, you'll learn how to research the three Cs, their importance, and their impact on the positioning process. Just as positioning is the foundation for successful marketing, understanding the three Cs is the foundation for a positioning strategy that will set you apart from your competitors.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Marketing Strategy GuideThis Guide explores the three stages of effective marketing, and how you can determine which approaches will give you the greatest bang for your buck.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.