Social Media: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
SMBs Are Increasingly Using Twitter to Advertise and PromoteOf 600 SMBs surveyed in 3Q13, nearly a quarter (24%) now use Twitter to advertise and promote, up from 22% in 2012 and 16% in 2011.
Facebook Timeline Contests vs. Facebook Apps: Which One Should You Choose? [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiIf you're having a hard time deciding when to use a Facebook Timeline contest and when to use a Facebook app, this infographic highlighting their differences can help you decide.
Is Your Holiday Social Media Update Safe to Post? A Decision Tree [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiOnline content has a long shelf life, so you need to be careful that you're not posting something that you'll regret. Before you post on social media, make sure to ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week: 2014 Trends, an Epic Year-in-Review, More...Angela NatividadWhere did the year go? Catch up on trend briefings for 2014, an epic year-in-review, the latest in Tumblr mobile ads, and a thought-provoking video that arrived just in time ...
Four Tradeshow Marketing Takeaways From an #MPB2B Bright Bulb Award WinnerKristin VeachThe winner of the "Best B2B Marketing Project" Bright Bulb Award during the MarketingProfs B2B Marketing Forum offers takeaways based on common themes between her tradeshow campaign and the Forum's ...
Five Ways to Ensure Customer Participation With Mobile StorybuildingJoe GillespieWhether in the form of a book, a movie, or a marketing campaign, great storytelling will always resonate with audiences. As consumers become increasingly mobile and social, however, they want ...
Customer Reviews as Marketing Channel: How to Create a 'Review Funnel'Jon HallHere are some specific tactics for getting more happy customers to share the good word about your business, product, or service.
Which Ad Channel Delivered Clicks at the Lowest Cost in 3Q13?Ayaz NanjiAd networks and exchanges delivered impressions, clicks, and conversions at the lowest costs of any digital advertising channels in the third quarter of 2013, according to a recent analysis by ...
What Marketers Do: Their Tactics, Tools, Challenges, and Campaigns [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiIn a recent survey, marketers were asked about their favorite marketing technologies, tools, and tactics, along with the types of marketing challenges they face and marketing campaigns they launch. Here's ...
Six Trends for 2014 in Mobile Marketing and AdvertisingGregory KennedyEnvisioning the future of the mobile marketing industry is certainly challenging. Nevertheless, to guide marketers through the 2014 mobile planning process, outlined here are some important trends and innovations.
Social Media: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
QR Codes Kill Kittens: Author Scott Stratten Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneScott Stratten's expressed his frustration with QR codes in no uncertain terms. His most recent book—QR Codes Kill Kittens—provides example after example of poorly executed marketing concepts that will make you want to laugh and cry at the same time.
Are You a Smart Sales Manager? Josiane Feigon Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneInside sales expert and author Josiane Feigon discusses her new book, Smart Sales Manager, explains how to manage Millennials, and shares insights into how salespeople can cultivate relationships with social-savvy customers.
From White Papers to MyKidsAdventures: Michael Stelzner Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Stelzner talks about his journey from writing white papers to founding MyKidsAdventures.com, and what he learned along the way about building a community, honing your social media strategy, and parenting in a high-tech world.
Angry Walnuts and Men's Health: 'ZERO--The End of Prostate Cancer' CEO Jamie Bearse Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJamie Bearse, CEO of ZERO—The End of Prostate Cancer, discusses nonprofit marketing, blogger outreach, and promoting men's health (even when doing so makes them uncomfortable).
Tips for Wrangling Content (and Cattle): Spredfast CMO Jim Rudden Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSpredfast CMO Jim Rudden discusses trends in social marketing, content strategy, and using existing content to make "content risotto."
Social, Mobile, and the Future of Sports Marketing: Michelle Andres of the Baltimore Ravens Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichelle Andres, vice-president of digital media for the Baltimore Ravens, explains how the organization rose to social media prominence in the NFL and turned its official website from a lonely afterthought into the online destination for fans.
Think Like a Rock Star: Author Mack Collier Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Mack Collier talks to Marketing Smarts about his book Think Like a Rock Star and the ways companies can meaningfully connect with their best customers (and biggest fans).
Content Marketing and Entrepreneurship: Skyword CEO Tom Gerace Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSerial entrepreneur and Skyword CEO Tom Gerace talks with Marketing Smarts about content strategy, affiliate marketing, entrepreneurship, and everything in between.
Marketing Lessons From Lady Gaga: Author Jackie Huba Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author and online marketer Jackie Huba shares marketing lessons from her book Monster Loyalty: How Lady Gaga Turns Followers Into Fanatics.
How to Build an Award-Winning Blog in Just Six Months: Ian Cleary of RazorSocial Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIan Cleary discusses how he started the social media and technology blog RazorSocial.com, and the tools and tactics he used to turn RazorSocial into one of the "Top 10 Social Media Blogs of 2013" in just six months.
Social Media: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Kiss Churn Goodbye with Data-Driven Campaign ManagementBroadcast on 11/19/2013 with Eric HelmerJoin us for this free seminar and learn how T-Mobile USA uses social network analysis combined with campaign management to focus marketing dollars on "influencers." Sponsored by SAS.
- The Audience ImperativeBroadcast on 11/14/2013 with Jeffrey K. RohrsThis PRO seminar will give you a clear understanding of the principles of proprietary audience development and a leg up on the competition who remain wholly dependent on renting audiences from others.
- Social Success: Tips for Integrating Social Media Into Your Marketing MixBroadcast on 11/7/2013 with Harry GoldThis PRO seminar will walk you through the practical steps you need to take to truly integrate social media into your marketing mix.
- Insta-Power: Build Your Brand and Reach More Customers with the Power of PicturesBroadcast on 10/31/2013 with Jason MilesThis PRO seminar will outline 10 actionable monetization strategies that are working on Instagram today. You'll learn from practical examples and easily repeatable case studies.
- MarketingProfs University: Seven Ways to Revive Your Marketing Strategy with Social MediaBroadcast on 10/10/2013 with Connie BensenThis PRO seminar will illuminate the potential business return of social engagement and outline content marketing best practices. You'll hear success stories that will inspire you to take steps to successfully integrate social media marketing into your larger business strategy.
- Event Marketing in the Digital Age: Make the Most of Your Event InvestmentBroadcast on 10/1/2013 with Eric Eden, Taylor Frost, Nikki BruyereJoin us for this free seminar on October 1 to discover how to utilize e-marketing, mobile, and social tools to ensure optimal attendance and engagement, and maximum return on your investment. Sponsored by Cvent. To follow the conversation on Twitter for this seminar during the presentation, use the hashtag #cvent.
- Supercharge Your Brand: How Companywide Empowerment Drives Social Media AdvocacyBroadcast on 9/12/2013 with Susan Emerick, Chris BoudreauxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how empowering your employees, customers and partners to use social media to drive engagement, create meaningful customer relationships and engage in real-time conversations can help increase your brand awareness and revenues, while decreasing your marketing, sales and customer service costs.
- How to Create a Monster Fan BaseBroadcast on 4/25/2013 with Jackie HubaThis PRO seminar will share seven of Lady Gaga's success lessons that can be applied to any brand. Be sure to tune in, and learn how to build a strong and loyal base!
- MarketingProfs University: The Expanding Facebook UniverseBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Jeff BullasIn this PRO seminar, we will look at what Facebook means to the modern marketer, given its central role on an increasingly social Web.
- Sharing is CaringBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Stephanie FilerIn this free MPU class from our MarketingProfs University course, Cracking the Facebook Code, you'll see examples of how Facebook can be used to attract and engage clients and learn how Facebook can be a powerful tool for non-profits and for-profits alike.
Social Media: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Ingredients That Turn Engagement Into Measurable Business ResultsReleased on 11/22/2013 with Rachel HappeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to build a successful engagement strategy that will help shape your business and bring in the results you need.
- Take 10: Using Social Media to Get More Out of Your Tradeshow InvestmentReleased on 7/12/2013 with Traci BrowneIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn effective ways to integrate social media into your tradeshow efforts.
- Take 10: Getting Started in Social MediaReleased on 5/3/2013 with Gail Z. MartinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to get started, engage your audience, choose the platforms that make sense for you, and more!
- Take 10 Video Series: How to Integrate Social Media Into Your Marketing StrategyReleased on 3/1/2013 with Geoff LivingstonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn four approaches for successfully incorporating social media into your marketing strategy.
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: Is Your Company Ready for Social Business?Released on 1/18/2013 with Daria SteigmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn ten tips that will help you plan for your evolution into a social business by leveraging people, processes, and technology.
- Take 10: How To Create a Consistent and Professional Personal Brand Using Social MediaReleased on 12/7/2012 with Jill DuffyIn just 10 minutes, you'll get all the information you need to create a cohesive personal brand using social media and the Web.
- Take 10 Video Series: Five Things to Consider Before Taking Your Social Efforts GlobalReleased on 11/16/2012 with Jane PriceIn just 10 minutes, Jane Price will help you weigh the pros and cons of a global social media plan. You'll also learn five important things to consider before going global.
- Take 10 Video Series: Five Ways to Step Up Your Twitter GameReleased on 8/31/2012 with Megan BerryLearn five easy-to-implement steps that will help you improve your Twitter presence faster than you can type and schedule your next 140-character tweet.
- Take 10 Video Series: Seven Steps to Measuring Social Media ROIReleased on 7/13/2012 with David B. ThomasIn just 10 minutes, David B. Thomas will walk you through a step-by-step approach that will help you understand how to measure the bottom-line value of your social media efforts.
Social Media: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube ChannelYouTube is an easy-to-use and inexpensive media platform with a gigantic reach. Learn how you can use YouTube to create awareness for your brand and connect with interested views with "A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube Channel".
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.