So... know any good marketing jokes?
That was the question posed on the MarketingProfs Know-How Exchange recently. The question, submitted by "mac504" and now closed, prompted some humorous responses. (Read the full thread here.)
But my favorite bit was posted by Aussie Michelle Smith ("shellycs"), who offered a riff on the "Top 10 Signs You Work in Marketing." Here's her list:
10. You lecture the neighborhood kids selling lemonade on ways to improve their look-to-buy ratio.
9. You get all excited when it's Saturday so you can wear casual clothes to work.
8. You refer to the tomatoes grown in your garden as "deliverables."
7. You find you really need PowerPoint to explain what you do for a living.
6. You normally eat out of vending machines and at the most expensive restaurant in town within the same week.
5. You wear gray to work, instead of navy blue, to make a bold fashion statement.
4. You know the people at the airport and hotel better than your next-door neighbors.
3. You ask your friends to "think out of the box" when making Friday night plans.
2. You think Einstein would have been more effective had he put his ideas into a matrix.
1. You think a "half-day" means leaving work at 5 o'clock.
What else? Anyone have any other Top Ten Signs?
I'll reprint the best here next week—with full attribution, of course. You work in marketing, so I bet you could use the recognition!
Thanks for stopping by. As always, your feedback is both welcome and appreciated.
Until next week,
Chief Content Officer