If you think about the brands crushing it on social media, it's usually B2C rather than B2B brands that immediately spring to mind. That may be why many B2B companies have not fully embraced the challenge of social media marketing, instead sticking to more traditional marketing techniques, such as cold-calling or print advertising.
That said, around 79% of B2B marketers surveyed by Omobono agreed that social media marketing is a worthwhile investment and offers good results.
Still, even if B2B marketers "do" social media, they often just stick to the platform of business, LinkedIn. They've fallen into the trap of thinking their industry is "too dull" to be a social media success. Which is a shame, because the opportunity is huge!
So how do you stand out from the crowd as a B2B social media marketer?
Here's the advice you need to ensure your company engages with potential customers and develops a social media following that converts into what you really want—sales!
1. Create a good strategy
What do you want to achieve with your social media marketing campaign? The answer is probably "lead generation"—the ultimate goal of B2B marketing, and where it differs from B2C marketing, which has different goals.
Some of the ways you can generate leads are as follows:
- Drawing organic traffic through content and interaction on various social media platforms
- Drawing paid traffic through social media ads and promotional posts
- Connecting with influencers in your industry to spread your name
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]
- The Top Influencers on Pinterest [Infographic]
- Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]