Most CMOs say they are driving growth at their firms mainly by serving as the chief storyteller and by connecting the brand to the business, according to recent research from The CMO Council and Deloitte.
The report was based on data from a survey of 191 marketing leaders.
Some 82% of respondents say they are leading brand development and storytelling at their firm, 75% are leading customer engagement and communications, 65% are leading media mix modeling, 62% are leading the go-to-market strategy for products, and 50% are leading the customer experience strategy.
More than half of CMOs also say they influence service and support delivery, friction identification and resolution, tech stack innovation, talent development, and product specifications.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Nail Positioning, Messaging, and Change Management: Matt Desmier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Steps to Amplify Your Brand Message Beyond the Walls of Your Event
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns
- Ready for 2019 Holiday Season E-Commerce? It's Almost Time... [Infographic]
- Mat Sweezey's List of 103 Marketing Thought Leaders, by Category [Opinion]