Most CMOs say they are driving growth at their firms mainly by serving as the chief storyteller and by connecting the brand to the business, according to recent research from The CMO Council and Deloitte.
The report was based on data from a survey of 191 marketing leaders.
Some 82% of respondents say they are leading brand development and storytelling at their firm, 75% are leading customer engagement and communications, 65% are leading media mix modeling, 62% are leading the go-to-market strategy for products, and 50% are leading the customer experience strategy.
More than half of CMOs also say they influence service and support delivery, friction identification and resolution, tech stack innovation, talent development, and product specifications.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Clearly Articulate What You or Your Brand Do: Clarity Consultant Steve Woodruff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Top Challenges Facing In-House Creative Teams
- How to Get Marketers to Think Like Salespeople... and Vice Versa
- The Key to Effective Direct Mail Marketing
- The Technologies That Are Disrupting Digital Marketing [Infographic]