What is the most popular B2B email newsletter format? How many messages do marketers send each month? Whom do newsletters come from? How long are they?
To find out, Find A Way Media examined 78 marketing email newsletters sent by B2B companies that operate in a range of different verticals. The researchers analyzed messages sent by the firms over a three-month period to determine format, length, sender, and frequency trends.
The researchers identified four common B2B newsletter formats:
- The Summarizer (emails that packaged pieces the firm had published)
- The Hard Sell (emails focused on product/service benefits)
- The Homepage (emails that curated content from across the Web and provided analysis/context)
- The Forwarder (emails that provided no context and were simply generated when the firm published a new piece of content)
Some 69% of the messages examined fell into The Summarizer bucket, 18% into The Hard Sell, 8% into The Homepage, and 5% into The Forwarder.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Tactics Used by Senders With High Open Rates
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends