The report was based on data from a survey conducted between March 30 and April 6, 2021, among 1,002 US consumers and 1,001 US marketers.
Marketers rank engaging audiences as the top thing that makes a brand best-in-class on social media.
However, consumers rank offering strong customer service as the top thing that makes a brand best-in-class on social media.
Consumers also say providing good customer service—specifically responding to questions in a timely manner—is the top action a brand can take to get them to choose that brand over a competitor.
People say they often take a range of actions after following a brand on social media, including visiting the brand's website or app (91% say they do so) and buying from the brand (90%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted between March 30 and April 6, 2021, among 1,002 US consumers and 1,001 US marketers.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create a Social Media Style Guide in Five Steps
- The Magical Combination of B2B Marketing and Instagram: Jenn Herman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Where Influencers Wield the Most Influence [Infographic]
- The Content That Marketers Want From Social Media Creators