The report was based on data from a survey conducted between March 30 and April 6, 2021, among 1,002 US consumers and 1,001 US marketers.
Marketers rank engaging audiences as the top thing that makes a brand best-in-class on social media.
However, consumers rank offering strong customer service as the top thing that makes a brand best-in-class on social media.
Consumers also say providing good customer service—specifically responding to questions in a timely manner—is the top action a brand can take to get them to choose that brand over a competitor.
People say they often take a range of actions after following a brand on social media, including visiting the brand's website or app (91% say they do so) and buying from the brand (90%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted between March 30 and April 6, 2021, among 1,002 US consumers and 1,001 US marketers.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media Marketing:
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar in Three Steps
- The Importance of 'Dark' Social Media for Marketers
- Anger and Animals: What Makes TikTok Thumbnails Successful
- The History of Reddit: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Get Started With YouTube Influencer Marketing [Infographic]