You have only a few seconds to make a good impression with your LinkedIn profile. Here's how to create a profile that immediately captivates your audience.
Be consistent with your name, suggests the following Quill infographic: "Match your LinkedIn account name with the name you use on your business cards, email signature, and resume."
Also, add a professional photo. "Your photo should reflect your current age and should be a head-on picture of mostly just your face without a very distracting background," states Quill.
Moreover, use simple language and avoid buzzwords. Don't describe yourself as a ninja, wizard, or guru. Good words to use include "organizational," "motivated," "dynamic," and "extensive experience."
To find out more about creating a LinkedIn profile that gets positive attention, check out the infographic.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar in Three Steps
- The Importance of 'Dark' Social Media for Marketers
- Anger and Animals: What Makes TikTok Thumbnails Successful
- The History of Reddit: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Three Social Media PR Tips for Driving B2B Brand Visibility
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections | Marketing Smarts Live Show