Working remotely comes with many benefits, but having team members dispersed in various locations also brings unique challenges. Keeping team members motivated and engaged can be tricky. And when you don't see your colleagues on a daily basis, it can be easy to miss the signs that people are feeling burnout or boredom.
For example, remote teams often miss the social aspects of being in an office, so the infographic suggests including time in a weekly team meeting for everyone to share not just one recent business success but also something going on in their personal lives.
And with all the options these days, technology should be helping your team communicate both professionally and personally. For instance, the graphic suggests, having a "home office" channel on your messaging application can allow colleagues to share photos of their work spaces and to offer tips on what makes them more productive when working remotely.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Putting Heart Into Your Business: 'Heartificial Empathy' Author Minter Dial on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Engagement: Three Ways to Improve Your Strategy and Approach
- The Most Unacceptable Office Communication Habits and Manager Behaviors
- Is Workplace Competition Good for Marketers? [Infographic]
- Your Guide to Credit Card Processing Fees and Rates [Infographic]