At the beginning of 2020, senior marketers predicted various trends for the year ahead, including increasing content overload for audiences, the need to develop empathetic marketing approaches, and the growing importance of harnessing customer data.
Of course, none of those experts could have foretold that COVID-19 would upend the lives of customers, shake the markets, and drive businesses to rework their marketing programs.
So, how do marketing experts feel about their 2020 soothsaying in light of the pandemic?
To find out, PAN Communications asked some of the marketers who shared their opinions at the start of the year to revisit their earlier predictions.
An infographic (below) looks at the revised opinions of these industry leaders and explores what they think marketers should be watching closely in the second half of 2020.
Check out the infographic:
Continue reading "Marketing Experts Reflect on Their 2020 Predictions [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- A Framework for Getting Started With Customer Journey Mapping
- The Four Benchmarks of an Agency's Life Cycle—And How to Profit From Them
- 15 Data Fallacies to Avoid [Infographic]
- What Will a Cookieless Future Look Like Five Years On?
- How Cookie Loss Is Affecting Enterprise Marketing Strategies
- Never Stop 'Dating' Your Customer: Three Ways to Nurture Relationships