Is the AI-powered ChatGPT tool any good at writing B2B articles about technology topics?
To find out, Midas Touch Consultants had ChatGPT write 50 articles based on outlines. The pieces spanned different types (listicles, how-tos, etc.) and levels of difficulty (moderately to highly technical). The researchers measured success by how many hours a human had to spend on each AI-generated piece to make it clear, correct, and in-line with the brand voice.
An infographic (below) summarizes key findings from the work (see the full study here).
Broadly, the researchers found that all the AI-generated articles needed a fair amount of editing/rewriting by a human.
ChatGPT was most successful (needed the least human intervention) with pieces that were moderately technical and that tackled questions such as: "What is…?". It was least successful with highly technical pieces and those that required a journalistic approach.
Check out the infographic:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Marketing Technology Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Technology:
- ChatGPT Is Everywhere. Here's How to Keep Your Job.
- Are You There, ChatGPT? It's Me, Marketing.
- The Essential Digital Marketing Tools for 2023 [Infographic]
- A B2B Marketing Deep Dive on AI Foundations, the Future, and More: Christopher Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- AI for Customer Support: More Meaningful Interactions, Less Costly Resolutions
- The Tech Habits of Americans Age 50+