An Earful of Advice for the Podcasting Beginner
Podcasting has developed steadily and become an important element in the mix of millions of content marketers. A 2017 report from Edison Research indicates:
- 60% of Americans are now aware of the term "podcasting," a 6% increase from the prior year
- 40% claim to have listened to a podcast
- Listening has increased across all age groups
- 24% listened in the last month, 15% in the last week
- 28% of Americans say they follow companies and brands in social media, but among podcast listeners, 47% do so (from the 2016 report)
- 65% use portable devices to listen to podcasts
Edison concludes podcast listeners are affluent, highly educated, and committed to tuning in. They report a mean time amongst weekly listeners of over four hours.
Clearly, podcasting represents an amazing opportunity to be heard by and connect with your audience. Podcasting gives you the power to educate, entertain, inform, inspire, get laughs, incite tears, and touch listeners on an emotional level.
It's easy to get started with your own podcast. This 34-page beginner's guide will help you understand the essentials of podcasting.
You will learn how to:
- Sound good with solid tech
- Identify the type of show you should have
- Get experts to be guests on your podcast
- Build an audience for your program
- … and much more!