ABOUT THIS COURSE
Every day, well-meaning companies flood the Internet with bad writing. Ill-conceived content. Poorly-executed content. It doesn't impress anyone—it's just a growing pile of sad, unread assets that aren't moving the needle.
What we need is better content, which starts with better writing. And better writing starts with writing better.
Based on Ann Handley's best-selling book, Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content, this course covers the fundamentals of modern marketing writing. At its core is the Writing GPS—a 12-step framework for writing any marketing content. Plus, you'll learn about cultivating "pathological empathy" for your audience, embracing "The Ugly First Draft," keeping your process organized, and the ever-looming question: "what am I going to write about?"
- 1 Explain the shift in consumer expectations and the role of companies as publishers
- 2 Explain six simple "empathy hacks" to plan more effective marketing content
- 3 Learn a 12-step process for writing longer content pieces
- 4 Write using real words instead of "frankenwords," "obese words," and "weblish"
- 5 Frame your writing by using any of 15 different approaches