What really is brand essence? How does it tie to the business objectives of an organization? What value can I assign to it so that I can express the importance of having a clear one in terms of ROI?
Thanks! - Essentially Flummoxed
Brand essence often gets misused as a term akin to the emperor's new clothes--an object everyone is supposed to see and appreciate, but in fact doesn't exist.
In point of fact, brand essence does exist, is important and is often vital in the success of marketing.
Brand essence is the abstraction that audiences take away after experiencing the sum of brand impressions--from both the marketing and from personal experience with the product, transaction process and service.
Brand essence is the lasting impression--usually summed up with one simple (sometimes brutally honest) assessment--that defines the personality qualities of the product or company. Apple Computer's brand essence may be seen as â€śartful technology that's mostly useful.â€ť MarketingProfs.com's essence might be â€śearnestly trying to make academic marketing theories practicable.â€ť
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Are Your Value Propositions Working?
- Four Tips for Gutsy Branding: How to Make Your Business Stand Out
- Tasty Naming Lessons Delivered to You by Meal Kit Companies
- How to Integrate Brand and Culture (and Why You Should): 'Fusion' Author Denise Lee Yohn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Launch a New Brand: Five Tips for an Unforgettable Debut