What really is brand essence? How does it tie to the business objectives of an organization? What value can I assign to it so that I can express the importance of having a clear one in terms of ROI?
Thanks! - Essentially Flummoxed
Brand essence often gets misused as a term akin to the emperor's new clothes--an object everyone is supposed to see and appreciate, but in fact doesn't exist.
In point of fact, brand essence does exist, is important and is often vital in the success of marketing.
Brand essence is the abstraction that audiences take away after experiencing the sum of brand impressions--from both the marketing and from personal experience with the product, transaction process and service.
Brand essence is the lasting impression--usually summed up with one simple (sometimes brutally honest) assessment--that defines the personality qualities of the product or company. Apple Computer's brand essence may be seen as â€śartful technology that's mostly useful.â€ť MarketingProfs.com's essence might be â€śearnestly trying to make academic marketing theories practicable.â€ť
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Tradeshow Branding Do's and Don'ts: How to Maximize ROI and Results at Industry Events
- Online Reputation Management 101: What You Need to Know [Infographic]
- Should Brands Take Public Stands on Political Issues?
- Net Promoter Score: What It Is and How It Can Help You [Infographic]
- Win (and Keep) Customers Using 'The Laws of Brand Storytelling': Ekaterina Walter and Jessica Gioglio Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]