Many businesses have succeeded in selling products online in the form of e-books, e-reports, and other downloadable content. Of course, it's not as simple as posting the product on your Web site and hoping buyers will come. The challenge comes in getting potential customers to your site in the first place.
Once they arrive, why should they buy from you? That's a question you must answer before they get to your Web site or landing page. Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port covers building and selling online products and saves you many steps.
Let's put it this way: If you receive an email from MarketingProfs and an unknown company offers the same product for less money, which business will you buy from? Do you go with the one you know and trust, or do you go with cheap?
Current Marketing Challenge
Marketing a product online
I've written several e-books and e-reports that have received accolades. I believe I can do better in selling these products online. How do you best promote Web-based products such as e-books and e-reports? What can I do to expand my product reach online?
The following three steps help you and your business earn respect and gain credibility so that customers feel good about buying from you:
- Write articles
- Create a joint venture
- Build an affiliate program
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 404 Errors: What Happens When Your Web Page Is Broken [Infographic]
- 10 Examples of the Best Brand-Community Landing Pages
- The High Cost of 'Inexpensive' Website Design and SEO: A Thorough Guide
- Why You Need to Boost Your Website's Page-Load Speed [Infographic]
- Five Website Conversion Principles That Will Increase Your Lead Volume