Some 73% of advertising and media executives surveyed recently said up to 20% of their marketing budgets are allocated to using and experimenting with new media platforms such as blogs. Simply stated, blogging is a phenomenon that can no longer be ignored by today's competitive companies.
First, let me answer what a blog is: A blog is a user-generated Web site where entries are made in journal style and displayed in a reverse chronological order. The term "blog" is derived from "Web log."
So how does your company best harness the power of blogs?
Here is a list of common-use cases for any organization:
1. Corporate newsroom 2.0
Blogs make getting the official word out about your company amazingly simple. The benefits include (1) quickly giving consumers company updates, (2) allowing for open feedback with consumers, and (3) inclusion in search engine indexes, and thus possible increased traffic. Companies can even take this blog-type further by creating an online newsletter with community feedback. Another example is the Google Press Center.
2. Product blog
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 2018 Year-end Episode of Marketing Smarts: What Marketers Need to Know for 2019 [VIDEO]
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Heat Up Marketing Impact With Data-Driven Personas
- What Online Shoppers Want--and How You Can Provide It [Infographic]
- Five Tips for Retailers to Win at Marketing in a Booming Economy