In this article, you'll learn...
- How to create a video that features your products and services
- How video can enhance your marketing
If the term "video tour" makes you think of something you'd find only on a real estate website—think again! The fact is, "video tours" are a great way to market a wide variety of products and services.
A "tour" is simply a way of taking the viewer by the hand and, with a logical flow, showing her the steps in a process or the benefits of a product or service.
For instance, you could create a video tour to show the following:
- The step-by-step procedure for using a new kitchen gadget
- An imaginative animated fly-through of a software product
- An illustration of how your electronics components are designed and built to work with a wide variety of manufacturing equipment
- The process a shirt goes through during its trip through your company's dry-cleaning facility
- The way your healthcare software tracks a patient from admission to discharge to invoicing
You can give a tour of virtually anything—physical or otherwise.
If you're thinking a video tour could work for your product or service, here are some do's and don'ts to keep in mind along the way.
1. Put yourself in the customer's shoes
One of the hardest things you must do when creating a video tour (or any other video, for that matter) is to force yourself to think about your message from the perspective of the customer. And you need to be honest.
What's the No. 1 issue your customer has that your product/service solves? What two or three other smaller details help differentiate your product/service from the competition? Those three or four points, and only those points, should be the focus of your tour.