Convincing older business owners to invest in social media can be difficult. They can be more comfortable with marketing methods of the past, and they can be reluctant to learn about the newest promotional techniques made possible by advances in technology, such as social media.
Here are five undeniable benefits of social media that could convince older business owners that social media is a worthy investment.
1. Social media is cheaper than most other marketing methods
Many businesses thrive while using social media, all without spending much money at all. Only a few promotional techniques yield a higher return on investment (ROI). Most of the costs of using social media involve design and implementation.
The most popular social media platforms today, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, are free to use. Perhaps the biggest investment is time. Building up a successful online network requires time; but once a company gains some traction, things often take off and grow quickly.
2. Social media results are measurable
Tracking social media marketing results is quite easy. The success of a campaign can be measured by the number of followers, fans, shares, likes, and additional website visitors it generates. All of those can directly relate to increased sales and leads as well.
You can also monitor the keywords associated with a business or brand across the Internet, at any time, as they are discussed by consumers. Reporting those results to older business owners is a great way to convince them of the value of social media as a marketing tool.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]