"The past cannot be changed, but the future is yet in your power"—or so goes an old saying. As a history major, though, I can tell you that it's much easier to rewrite history than it is to leave an impact on or to predict the future.
Still, in the spirit of prediction season, I offer here 10 trends of 2012 that I think will grow even more prominent in 2013.
1. Digital marketing will continue to grow
It's pretty obvious to just about everyone that digital marketing is becoming the main channel for demand generation. But despite the adoption levels of digital marketing, there's still a lot more upside. In 2013, digital marketing will continue to see huge adoption rates as businesses of all sizes implement all manner of digital marketing tactics.
2. Digital marketing services will surge
Subsequent to digital marketing's mass adoption, digital marketing services will spike. Consultants, agencies, and new services will surge to support new users and meet their demand for assistance.
3, Content creation services and software will proliferate
Content marketing is becoming the core of just about every marketing initiative for B2B marketing as well as B2C. In 2013, we will see a host of software and services solutions for content creation and syndication emerge as companies try to use content for more demand- and lead-generation results.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Profit-Mapping Helps You Avoid Using the Ways of the Past to Manage the Challenges of the Future
- What Is Marketing Orchestration? [Infographic]
- The Marketing Agency Attributes Clients Value Most
- Reaching and Persuading Buyers at a Time of Crisis: What B2B CMOs Can Do
- B2B Senior Marketer Survey: The Most Effective Approaches for 2020 [Infographic]