No matter what you're selling or hoping to promote, video should be a consideration for your marketing spend and focus. With easy-to-use platforms like YouTube, nobody can blame technology as a hurdle anymore.
Still, it's difficult to come up with just the right message, tone, and approach to make video marketing pay off for you.
Every business is different, and finding your niche, and your audience, might take some time. But the great thing about starting under the radar, though, is that you can test and tweak and fine-tune at first before making a bigger splash. When that time comes, you'll have all the information and experience behind you to help inform your decisions.
Here are five tips to get started.
1. Show personality
You've probably seen hundreds of YouTube videos of people talking at you while standing in front of a white wall. Video marketing doesn't have to be that dry or dull. Indeed, it's a chance to make your own commercial and to illustrate what makes your company, or service, so stellar. Have the camera move around, shoot from different perspectives, and ensure viewers see movement and colors.
Consider this video from a restaurant that shows satisfied customers while the voiceover makes strategic calls to action. It comes at a fraction of the cost of airing TV commercials, and with the popularity of online video these days... such a video could yield great results.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Role Technology Plays in the Lives of Gen Alpha Kids [Infographic]
- A Connected World in Flux: 10 Insights for Marketing and Business Leaders [Infographic]
- Capitalize on the Culture of Laziness: Five Subscription and DTC E-Commerce Trends for 2020
- It's Coming: Is Your Brand Prepared for an Economic Downturn?
- B2B Marketers' Plans for 2020: Spend, Objective, and Strategy Trends