The world's greatest social media marketer has objectives and strategies. They're documented—on a spreadsheet—or on some social platform where her peers can collaborate.
She understands the whole analytics and metrics thing that matters to the bean counters. Another spreadsheet? You'd better believe it.
Social media blog feeds feed her a daily dose of updates because she knows some genius somewhere updated a social media network with a new feature while she was sleeping.
She can even tell you how many pixels tall and wide your profile pics need to be. Yep, she keeps all this on a spreadsheet—in the cloud, of course.
You too can master such things. But they won't make you the world's greatest social media marketer. In fact, you may remain amazingly mediocre.
The world's greatest social media marketer possesses more meaningful skills.
1. The world's greatest social media marketer is a great listener.
You get this by now, right? Social media masters are in it to build relationships. What do you call someone you have a relationship with? A friend? And what do friends do for each other? They listen. They don't jump to conclusions. They ask more questions. And then they listen some more. Offline or online, you need to listen.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]
- The Top Influencers on Pinterest [Infographic]
- Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]