You probably already know tradeshows are a great way to get your business in front of thousands of people in a very short amount of time. But, in my experience, putting together a tradeshow booth can be one of the most difficult things you do, especially in the case of companies new to the world of tradeshows.
Here are some helpful tips to get you started as you plan, design, and create an effective booth that can be used for many years to promote your company.
Start with a plan
If you have ever looked through a catalog or visited the showroom of a tradeshow display company, you know that there are many different tradeshow booth options to choose from. If you go into the process without creating a plan first, you will likely spend a lot of money on something that is not the most effective piece of marketing material for your business.
That's why you need to start with a plan. Begin by asking yourself a few questions:
1. What is the purpose of the booth?
Are you trying to meet new leads, pass out information about products or services, demo a product, or something else?
2. Based on the purpose of the booth, what functional needs do you have?
- Do you need to be able to sit down and talk to prospective clients for an extended period of time?
- Do you need an area where you can show a product?
- Do you need a stage to present information to a large group?
- Do you need to display brochures or product information?