The holidays are here and it's time for that beloved annual tradition: the holiday promotion landing page! To ring in the season, the big companies will trot out gloriously sparkling ad pages crafted by dozens of graphics designers. They'll join a parade of lights, each more amazing than the last. It's enough to put a small business owner with a DIY website into a state of humble awe.
But what if you are that small business owner? Can you join the fun too?
Yes. With the right tools, a little know-how, and some scrappy can-do spirit, anyone can make a holiday promotion landing page to be proud of.
What you'll need:
- 1-2 Sheets of paper
- A pencil
- Photos from your digital camera or a stock photo site.
- 1 website with easy DIY tools. (What you need is a website that lets you freely place and move around text and image without having to know HTML. I like websites made with Wix, Squarespace, Webs, and, of course, our own FoundHere websites.)
Note: If your website isn't easy to edit, you can still set up an account with any of the providers listed above, and temporarily create a free website just for your landing page.
Step 1: Identify your promotion and call to action
The first question is, What do you want your customers to do and how much pressure is there on them to do it?
Do you want them to...
- Print out a coupon?
- Fill out a form to be contacted or to set up an appointment?
- Buy a product via your shopping cart?
- Follow you on social media?
- Experience and share your holiday content?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Challenges That Product Experience Management (PXM) Can Solve
- The Ultimate Contact Form Checklist and Guide for 2020 [Infographic]
- Three Problems Still Plaguing Online Shopping, and How to Fix Them
- 404 Errors: What Happens When Your Web Page Is Broken [Infographic]
- 10 Examples of the Best Brand-Community Landing Pages