I know, I know. You're probably reading this and thinking, "Great, another end-of-the-year list!"
I'm with you, friend. But, it's easy to get contemplative when the last quarter draws to a close. And there are real lessons to learn.
I picked up several when we at Eloqua released 40 Must-See Charts for Modern Marketers.
Here are eight lessons from 2012 for B2B marketers.
1. Manual is just too... manual
Marketing has grown far too complicated to be run in an entirely manual way. Among the chief roles B2B marketers can play is nurturing and qualifying leads for Sales. Manual processes just aren't enough for doing that effectively.
The proof is in the chart. We looked at automated campaigns versus campaigns that weren't automated. Those that were automated resulted in huge increases in conversion rates—to the tune of 200%.
2. Yes, influencers matter
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Nail Positioning, Messaging, and Change Management: Matt Desmier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Steps to Amplify Your Brand Message Beyond the Walls of Your Event
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns
- Ready for 2019 Holiday Season E-Commerce? It's Almost Time... [Infographic]
- Mat Sweezey's List of 103 Marketing Thought Leaders, by Category [Opinion]