I know, I know. You're probably reading this and thinking, "Great, another end-of-the-year list!"
I'm with you, friend. But, it's easy to get contemplative when the last quarter draws to a close. And there are real lessons to learn.
I picked up several when we at Eloqua released 40 Must-See Charts for Modern Marketers.
Here are eight lessons from 2012 for B2B marketers.
1. Manual is just too... manual
Marketing has grown far too complicated to be run in an entirely manual way. Among the chief roles B2B marketers can play is nurturing and qualifying leads for Sales. Manual processes just aren't enough for doing that effectively.
The proof is in the chart. We looked at automated campaigns versus campaigns that weren't automated. Those that were automated resulted in huge increases in conversion rates—to the tune of 200%.
2. Yes, influencers matter
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Marketing Agency Attributes Clients Value Most
- Reaching and Persuading Buyers at a Time of Crisis: What B2B CMOs Can Do
- B2B Senior Marketer Survey: The Most Effective Approaches for 2020 [Infographic]
- What Marketers Can Do Right Now in the Age of Coronavirus: A Letter From Ann Handley
- CX in B2B Marketing: Top-of-Mind Strategy in 2020