Many local businesses turn to digital marketing to increase online sales or foot traffic to their stores (or both). And many online marketers who work with local businesses often look for new ways to boost Web traffic and online visibility.
So here are some easy-to-implement ideas for boosting the online visibility of a local business.
1. Revamp your Google+ profile
If you are promoting a local business online, chances are you already have a Google+ Local listing (the new version of Google Places). But maybe you don't.
Though a local venue may not even have a website, having a G+ Local page is a must. That is particularly true now as Google has been displaying search results for local queries well on top of all other results, thus making them even more prominent than paid ads.
Scenario 1: You don't have a G+ Local profile
If you don't have a G+ Local listing yet, the first thing to do before you create one is to check whether Google (or a fan) has already created it for you (the information could have been taken from Google Maps, for example).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Ready for 2019 Holiday Season E-Commerce? It's Almost Time... [Infographic]
- Mat Sweezey's List of 103 Marketing Thought Leaders, by Category [Opinion]
- It's Time to Plan Your Back-to-School Marketing Campaigns: Stats and Strategies for 2019 [Infographic]
- Why Digital Marketing Is More Important Than Ever Before [Infographic]
- Understanding Modern Marketing: Marketing's Evolution and Digital's Impact